From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
dude, everybody knows Dune was written by the ghost of John Cleese--220.127.116.11 21:26, 10 Mar 2005 (EST)
I'm sorry, was this supposed to be funny? ~ The Random Avenger 11:43, 10 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- It really isn't... DNA is a man of such incredible wit, we should write something of equal wit, not this stupid stuff. Well, I'm off to bed. EatMyShortz 16:10, 20 January 2006 (UTC)
- I <3 Douglas Adams. Just wanted to say that. -- Dr. Chuck 17:51, 2 December 2006 (UTC)
- Seems to me it might be impossible to write an article that would do him justice. Every one seems to be a valiant attempt, but it just can't be done. -- 01:12, 24 October 2007 (UTC)
edit Edits ahead
I added some stuff and moved some things around...this page needs a lot of work and at least a picture.--Witt E, 03:40, 5 April 2006 (UTC)
- Agreed. Douglas deserves much more respect/humour than what is currently given.--33Arsenic 22:36, 6 April 2006 (UTC-5)
I think that he should just get a serious article - on this website.
-Thats not bad idea... it would be kinda like... the opposite of everything here... and not to mention a special honor. --I added a little.
I think this article is the only realistic one on the whole site,but it needs another quote.--me.today.now.
- He has a unique writing style, maybe someone could mimic it for the article? And as it is it's like a elementary schooler's DNA fan page. Not funny or interesting or entertaining one single bit. --18.104.22.168 07:10, 27 October 2006 (UTC)
The easiest way to mimic his writing style would be to use portions of the HitchHiker's series.
edit Hey, I rewrote it
Yeah, the original page doesn't do him justice. So here is something that I'm not sure is perfect, but it's better than the old version in my opinion, don't worry, an image will come soon.--Witt, of UNion Entertain me* 02:21, 15 November 2006 (UTC)
edit If I wanted a biography
I'd go to Wikipedia. I agree that D.A. deserves something special, as he is the Thor of comedy and we but hapless Arthur Dents. That being said, we are not properly honoring the man! As it stands, it is a fanpage and does not do him justice. Indeed, I feel, he must be roasted to a fine turn as befits a icon of his stature. That being said, how else could we look at his page? What alternate narrative could we give the intrepid Mr. Adams?
What if... that night Doug was lying drunk in a field somewhere near Innsbruck he was sucked into an alien ship and was lost into the universe for several years and that when he returned he wrote the books as thinly disguised travelogues? What if when he got back to earth there was a species he's never heard of, "dolphins" they were called, and so he wrote them into his books? And that he had severe dyslexia and honestly thought he had written three books in his trilogy?
I don't know, I'm just spitballing. All's I'm saying is, we can write something funny that has not a lick of truth but also honors him. And really, don't we owe it to him to try?--Super90 10:48, 11 December 2006 (UTC)
I want to bill the hitchhikers' trillogy as a "wholly remarkable book" to continue the fashion of getting numbers wrong as far as the series goes.
edit Pics concerning Douglas Please.
edit douglas adams as god
Ok, Doug is our god and saviour so how about we have For Prefect write the article, reffering to Douglas Adams as a Christ figure. hell, i'll do it if you want. I agree however, we need a balance between respectful and funny.
- Just want to throw out to whoever reads the above and believes it is stupid. Douglas Adams was a radical atheist. Calling him God would be an insult. --TimJohN 20:01, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
it's quite jarring to read the truth on this website.
edit This needs editing
This is only slightly funny if you read the book and have it open right in front of you when you read the article. And hate Douglas Adams. Try doing it from the point of view of the Total Perspective Vortex. If you don't know what that is, read the book.
edit This brought a tear to my eye
If there's anyone who deserves a genuinely positive writeup on here it's DA. Very nicely underplayed.