From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
- Thanks, socky! I don't think I'm going to use that image, though, because the article has more of a historical flavor to it. Which makes it kind of similar to Third-wave feminism. I'm going to have to shake things up for my next one, I think. 19:39, December 8, 2009 (UTC)
Very good work! you get a Save.
- The sentence on "comsensus" was a blind alley you shouldn't have gone down.
- Regarding the non-common-sense decision to worship a dead carpenter, you should touch on said carpenter's non-common-sense decision to permanently curtail his ministry by taking a donkey to a place of certain death.
- Further to the Vietnam era, there is an additional irony that hippies espoused the common sense of "doing your own thing"--while slavishly following hippie fashion.
- Let's strive for some ideological balance. I know liberals don't posture about "common sense" the way conservatives do. They posture about history, destiny, and about how their adversaries hate all the victims.
- My thoughts:
- The sentence on "comsensus" made me giggle. I like it.
- I'll consider adding another sentence on Christianity, although I don't want to beat that oft-abused horse too hard.
- In terms of "ideological balance," this is supposed to be more social commentary than political commentary. Maybe I should strike the section on Sarah Palin completely and replace it with something else? I haven't decided.
- 20:33, December 11, 2009 (UTC)
"Comsensus" reminded me of the days of typewriters, in which if you started a sentence the wrong way, you had to figure out how to end it the way you started it, or rip out and ball up the page. My sentence on "ideological balance" was just a segue; not every article needs exact ideological balance. What I meant is that the Left presents equally rich opportunities for ridicule. On the Right, Palin isn't everything, but perhaps she is everything that can't explain its reasoning and falls back on "common sense." (But the Left can't, either, so they tell us they are simply "progressive," same difference.) Separately, she made a cameo appearance in my Global warming and MrN9000 complained that the result was too USA-centric. 20:54 11-Dec-09