From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Is there any factual basis for this article? I'm not suggesting Powell actually dishes out advice on Fallout 3, but is there some character trait that inspired this, which I as an Englander would not know about? Not that it really matters. I'm just curious. --20:16, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
- Well, if you want to know what inspired this... here are the four things that inspired it.
- One time when I was doing song speedwriting, I had a hole in my song, so I added "and Colin Powell was there" for no reason, and people laughed.
- Powell has a high-level advisor to Presidents for decades, so making him a totally low-level advisor to random people seemed amusing.
- The only truly factual part of the article is that I used to trust Powell to dispense WMD-related advice and now I don't. He was one of Bush's advisors who argued that Hussein had WMDs, and at the time he had tremendous credibility and a reputation as someone who wouldn't tell us something was so if he wasn't certain.
- The article is inspired in part both by So So's That woman and by Martin Van Buren. 20:22, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks. I knew who he was, but was just wondering if he had some reputation for backing odd causes or some such nonsense that hadn't crossed the pond. I'm glad, cause it's funnier when it's not based on anything in particular. -- 20:38, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
edit Okay so
I just read this article again for like the third time. This is pretty funny. I don't know why I wanted to tell you that, or why I decided that this comment merits its own header. —Sir SysRq (talk) 00:35, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
- It rocks. I don't like the "Receiving a visit from Colin Powell is considered good luck by the Irish." line myself, but I'm not going to pants anything which has this much support... Just think it would read better without it. MrN 01:02, Feb 11
- Take out the "Irish" bit and it's fine. Everything is better without the Irish. Fuck the Irish. —Sir SysRq (talk) 01:07, 11 February 2009 (UTC)