From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Catholicism article.
Would anyone object to a heavy rewrite? Only it seems quite factual at the moment and not very funny.
If nobody says anything here in a couple of days I'll get on the case. - Nicegravy 14:54, 21 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Yes You really should. Most stuff is not funny at all, so please do. And don't forget to mention catholic mafia, badass robes and ritual knifes.
- Reorganised and added several sections, pictures, and linkage. How does it look? --UtarEmpire 15:53, 23 March 2006 (UTC)
Dogma, Karma, and Wilma
What is the point for the links to the redirect back to Catholicism under those heads? The best I can get is rebirth by karma, but that is a really stupid joke.--22.214.171.124 20:03, 20 Dec 2005 (UTC)
I've rewritten dogma and mortal sins. The previous stuff wasn't stupid and it wasn't funny. Most of the other stuff is stupid, so hopefully I'll get around to rewriting that stuff as well. It is only my 3rd attempt at writing an article here. I'm a newb, but it seems pretty obvious that kitten huffing should have been in the list of mortal sins in the first place. --Legolasegb 20:37, 11 Jan 2006 (UTC)
If it feels good, stop doing it
This is unfair and disrespectful. I'm not in your face telling you that you're wrong to not be a Catholic, so please don't mock me for being one. The basic Dogma of the Catholic faith is that Jesus died for us and wants us to join him in heaven. I'm not telling you you're wrong, I'm just asking for respect.
LOL!!! LOL!!!! THERES A POPE CALLED POPE BEND A DICK
IS HE A PEDOPHILE
i mean WTF was hes parents thinkin???!?!?!!
- Thanks for your insight. --UtarEmpire 05:43, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
- I did the same... --Jollyroger 20:08, 26 November 2006 (UTC)
Excuse me, but this article is incredibly offensive and shows a lack of respect for religion. Make jokes if you want, but do not offend other people's faith please. --126.96.36.199 14:19, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
- No, get a sense of humor (this is a shared IP address I'm not schizophrenic). -- 188.8.131.52 21:01, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
- Offensive? On Uncyclopedia? Never! --UtarEmpire 22:03, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
This is really bad as a Roman Catholic im very offended
You don't see me mocking you for not being a Catholic. Please don't mock us. I'm not pushing my faith on you, so please give me a little respect.184.108.40.206 00:06, 30 November 2007 (UTC)
- any organisation that abuses children -whether physically, sexually or psychologically - should expect its victims to hit back
- logical fallacy! the spotlight fallacy to be exact. just because some priest molest children does not mean all catholics molest children. please have some common sense. btw i find this article more tasteless than funny.
I'm catholic and unofended
cuz you a bad catholic and you offended wrong no offense -789guy
And we dont believe that god hates gays.. that is false
Pope John Paul Geroge Ringo I
Unprotect this page, please
Some of us would like to make more edits! Rickyrab 23:39, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
- Any mods out there care to explain why this page has been protected? --UtarEmpire 07:42, 8 April 2007 (UTC)
- Ok. Sorted. It was because of serial blanker. —Braydie 07:44, 8 April 2007 (UTC)
How to for dummies
Sex as a Major Sin
Am I the only one who thinks it's pretty unoriginal to make fun of Catholicism (or any major Christian religion) for calling sex a sin? Catholics don't consider sex to be a sin, and all these jokes about God apparently not believing in procreation are not even remotely funny. It's incredibly exaggerated, and not in a funny way; it's a "I'm an atheist making up shit about religions I don't know anything about" sort of pathetic attempt at humor. The rest of the article, for the most part, is original. A aforementioned sex jokes are stale and predictable. I suggest a rewrite, or at least a trimming down of that particular joke. --—The preceding unsigned comment was added by An Actual Professor of Factual History (talk • contribs)
- think you'll find that the extensive references to sex reflect the church's obsession with making people feel guilty about enjoying it, or about preventing transmission of SDIs or even filling a void by seeking to procreate through artificial insemination instead of intercourse. if it didn't obsess there'd be nothing to mock
I am not catholic but I have Catholic friends who I know would be offended at this. Most of it was funny, but one of the original authors did not like the Catholic Church - must have been brought up a Catholic, methinks.
Amazed that the 'Pope' section of the main article makes no mention of the lines of stalls occupying every possible space of the vatican palace selling all sizes of virgins - illuminated or otherwise-, fridge magnets, kitchen towels and the usual collection of souvenirs. Wonder what Jesus would do if he walked in there?
We need to mention some other stuff
I believe we are missing some other vital information such as the unreasonable hatred of homosexuals, jews, atheists and protestants.
NOT ENOUGH MENTION OF PEDOPHILIA!diddling little boys is funny as hell folks! we need to amp that shit up!
I think someone should make note that the entire religion should be scrapped, because Jesus never accepted Jesus as his lord and savior. Oh, and don't forget their secret blood rites where they symbolically cannibalize someone during each one of their dark cult meetings.