Talk:Carbon monoxide poisoning
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Now I'm not all butthurt or anything, but what's with the big ICU stamp already? It seems a few have read this article and decided that it was at least somewhat good as it has a 3.5 rating. Plus I've put a bit of actual work and research (holy shit) behind it, so what's with the harsh judgement, Frosty? --Yuewolf 18:49, June 19, 2011 (UTC)
Nevermind, padded out with a few skits and some hilarious carbon monoxide death related pictures. Should be gtg. --Yuewolf 20:26, June 19, 2011 (UTC)
edit The Angle
First off, I hate criticizing other people's writing. So I am going to describe what problems, I think people may have with it.
- no angle, no gimmick. It's truthiness brushed with sarcasm and absurdity.
- what people seem to be doing with new articles is something like this.
- Take something real, change one feature of it completely. Carbon Monoxide Poisioning - Carbon Monoxide Auto Eroticism. or Cartoon Monotony Poisioning then go wild with it.
- Red links. are treated by many as an article wish list. By having so many glaring redlinks, that do not scream to readers "yes there SHOULD be an article about xxxxx". A better way is to keep the redlink words but link to similar or dissimilar existing links as a mini joke.
- General humor. You can say the truth in a funny way. rhyme, alliteration, absurdity. The rule of three
- pertains to grouping things in threes, like real-1, real-2, funny-3rd. watch for this, it is kind of a thing.
Well, hate to be this way, (I did already say that I don't believe my work's a comedy goldmine or anything) but I'm gonna have to disagree for the most part. I wanted to do a funny article about carbon monoxide poisoning, because the darkness/humor contrast appealed to me. But yeah, I see what you mean, Carbon Monoxide Auto Eroticism is pretty funny, but we have articles like "Dog", "Cat", "Library", "Pizza", etc. I thought having a funny article on ordinary things was part of the mission here.
On the red link things, I figured that added to the absurdity (why the hell would you have a Monoxotech article for instance). It's not going to be on too many articles, so it'll never be high on the needed articles list, just one where the tone is "written by a guy who sells CO alarms". Speaking of angles.
And as for the third one. I honestly don't know what you're talking about. I was under the impression that comedy didn't have a specific, all-encompassing rhythm to it. But what the hell do I know?
Maybe I just don't get this place anymore. Seems like it's a lot less "somebody makes an article, take it from there" and more "write an article in the way we think is funny, people will fix some little things". Hell it's a wiki. But what do I know, I've been gone 5 years. This article will be gone within the week, no hard feelings, I just don't give a shit. --Yuewolf 19:39, June 20, 2011 (UTC)