Talk:Banned from the Internet
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Add Rick Rolling to the list, lol I topposted, sorry I'm new to uncyclopedia so I don't know if you toppost on the discussion page. I just joined because Rick Rolling should be on the banned from the internet.
I just reverted the "Top Posting" entry, which had been removed. I found it funny enough that it was worth the effort to revert. For the person who didn't get the joke, if you didn't get it, don't kill it. At least post here and ask for the punchline.--Famine 20:23, 31 Mar 2005 (EST)
- I guess someone moved it from the top into the list (anon user i think) because they didnt get it, and then I deleted it from there because the joke didnt work anymore. I don't find it funny myself, but I wouldn't have deleted it if it still made sense. --Paulgb Talk 20:38, 31 Mar 2005 (EST)
- The idea came to me after seeing how much traffic on usenet was taken up with people going "don't top post!" and moaning about it. As it was, it seemed as funny and aposite as any of the other entries. I wasn't sure if anyone else would get it, and I said as much in the edit summary. --Clanger 12:47, 10 Apr 2005 (EDT)
How the heck did this page get over 4000 views in just 4 days??? I think the only thing that linked to it was the main page and a few others.. --Paulgb 21:31, 27 Mar 2005 (EST)
I keep clicking on it to look at the green-haired anime chick. Or maybe people are doing searches on banned. --Uvula Donor 22:08, 27 Mar 2005 (EST)
I imagine it's because all the people who have been banned from the internet are searching for a way to get unbanned? Duh. --Gadgeophile 23:49, 28 Mar 2005 (EST)
- Wait. If you are banned from the internet, how do you use the internet to search for a way to get unbanned? --Undrhil 23:02, 11 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Seriously though, its got over 6 thousand views in 6 days, which is the second most page views of any article on the site (after kitten huffing). Only about half a dozen pages link to it, and most of them are pages that don't get a lot of page views (including my user page). It is the first result for 'banned', but I don't think 1000 people click that per day. The only way I can explain it is an external link, but I couldn't find one with google. Also, there has not been any vandalism to that page, which I would expect with 1000 hits per day. --Paulgb Talk 15:18, 29 Mar 2005 (EST)
I know someone's got a link to the main page in his Slashdot sig... might that have anything to do with? He only mentions Kitten Huffing and Pong! The Movie however --Diabloman8890 14:29, 30 Mar 2005 (EST)
I found some blog links, but not on any popular sites. I only found two comments, but they made me laugh:
On the link, I LOVE the lines: "When online, the Masters of the Internet are all hot anime babes, especially the one with the green hair." [insert hot anime chicks] "In real life, the Masters of the Internet all look like this cosplay asshole." [insert cosplay asshole] HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Altered Ego | Email | Homepage | 03.27.05 - 10:58 am | #
yeh, but other then that....sucked a bit cocker | Email | Homepage | 03.28.05 - 5:57 am | #
Attu sent 2,000 unique hits. Guess he's pretty popular.
Too bad that site has lots of german porno links =/ --Nytrospawn 13:00, 10 Apr 2005 (EDT)
I thought I'd leave a little explanation as to why I changed it back to a shorter form. I read the newer version of the punchline and it seemed a little to plowery whereas the older version just seemed to 'cut to the chase' faster. On a side note, I changed the comment on the anime babes back to "the one with the green hair" because she was the one with her arms raised, so it made it funnier (at least to me) to revert it back to that. :) --PunMan 06:18, 29 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Oh, sorry! I rolled it back. I tend to like more graphic language in general, and especially in this case specifically. And I think you're right about the green hair. Change it back, I'm easy either way. --Marcos_Malo OUN S7fc BOotS Bur. | Talk 11:04, 29 Aug 2005 (UTC)
edit Wiki Vandalism
Wow, this page has had a lot of edits and a lot of reverts. I just wanted to point out that there was a joke at the beginning as follows:
6. Wiki vandalism. Not unlike
shoplifting YOUR MOTHER IS GAY, wiki vandalism hurts everyone.
The vandalism part has been the subject of some reverts, and I wonder if it is because people think its not funny, or because it sets off their vandalism alarm and they get rid of it witout seeing the context?
See this latest edit: 
I did it! I did it so no one can look at those bad pictures!
How is the pic funny?
- Because of the picture immediately following it. --—Hinoa KUN 23:46, 6 March 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah, read the full article. It's a joke about intarweb egos. And sign your comments, please. --[[User:Nintendorulez|Nintendorulez | talk]] 00:33, 7 March 2006 (UTC)
Where did the anime pic come from?
- Yeah I agree!!Jizm 17:43, 11 May 2006 (UTC)
edit This article
Reminds me of China.. lampoon China's internet censorship! King Joe of the Philippine Empire- I am the REAL dictator! 07:17, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
- lol When I first came on this page it scared me. --Delphisylk 21:30, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
edit L00k wh4t 1 4m d01ng
Look i am selling drugs and spreading infected emails fuck yeah assshole motherfucker while stealing shit and looking at porn and helping a poor innicent dog and vandilizing the main page and impersonating cecil oh shit someone sended me a chain mail like hell i going to foward it,I forwarded a chain letter and pretending to be a old man and hey Ufos are fake like god and guiess what I am eating bon-bons while voting u 5tup1d n00b f4gg3t digital ph33r pwnz guess what fag i am camping with the artic international something... you nazi who worships hitler,your hitler. I am reperenting Ash while living in detroit and a furry and furry fan or wait I am not a furry or furry fan but I am a GCP see my page.See I didn't get ..dammit I got banned!--UNmarine777 22:20, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
edit Where's the template?
Hey, just wondering. Where's the link to the actual block-notice template? 184.108.40.206 03:48, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
- It's MediaWiki:Blockedtext, idiot. -- This has been an automated message by Cute Zekrom (talk) 02:57, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Just shut up and kill yourself, vain fucker. -- This has been an automated message by Cute Zekrom (talk) 02:57, March 11, 2012 (UTC)