- "In USA people call themselves Americans. This makes as much sense as if French people called themselves Europeans?"
So we should call ourselves United States of Americans? Streetjustice90 01:12, 15 August 2006 (UTC)
- Well, how do the citizens of United Provinces of the Netherlands call themselves? That may help you to find the answer. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
- Wait, wouldn't it make a lot of sense for French people to call themselves Europeans, since they.. you know... are? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- Calling the United Statians "Americans" is like calling British to the English. They ARE British, but they are not the only ones. In fact, USA has no name if you think about it. --SC 21:39, 9 June 2007 (UTC)
durr... this is wierd. We are the only country with the word "America" in our name. Why are popele confused by us calling ourselves "Americans?"
- SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU RETARD AMERICAN ENGLAND SHOULD BE RULING UNITED STATES NOT BEING TOLD BY UR SHITY GOVEMENT THAT WE SHOULD GO TO WAR WITH THE MIDDLE EAST FUCKHEAD. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs)
DURRRR, what a retard. ITS CAUSE the USA isnt the only country in the TWO CONTINENTS with AMERICA in its name... thats why french people, or anyone else in european, calling themselves just "europeans" wouldbe silly, cause theyre not the only nationality in europe DURRRRR how about thinkin a bit before makin stuppid comments like that. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
- As usual, the United Statian sees nothing beyond his country. The word "America" belongs to the continent (the whole western hemisphere), and not just the US. Which means that everyone is American from Canada to Chile. Your country is called United States and its people are (or should be more frequently) called United Statians. --SC 04:13, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
- That's what I've been saying to everybody I know, but they think I'm a lunatic!
- That's a nice thought but no one calls us "United Statians" and no one ever will. By the way, Latin American countries refer to people from the States specifically as "norteamericanos", which translates to North Americans. We're not the only ones describing ourselves using a general term. 184.108.40.206 04:16, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
- P.S. England hasn't been into incest since the conception of the States. Or shortly thereafter, but whatever. 00:57, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah but you sure as hell have been into Pedophillia and Homosexuality, personally I hate both of you, but then again Im just a Communist, you damn elitists, also this article is pretty anti-american, Id rewrite it if I cared. Comrade Z 00:56, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
- It's common practice for residents of a nation-state to refer to themselves by its final name. After all, how many people say The United Mexican States? Or he Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela? How many people, when asked, say they are from "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?" Probably a few more than one would expect, but all those who do are pompous asses. My point is, language is defined by usage, and since the US was the first country in North America do successfully gain independence it wins the title of "America" by the time honored tradition of "first come first serve".
- Not really. Because America is America. And America is the ENTIRE western continent.--SC 01:49, 22 October 2007 (UTC)
Article needs a rewrite
I believe uncyclopedia should have a more satyrical approach to comedy, this article sounds like an anti american preschooler calling america "a bunch of fatties", someone rewrite this. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Pwn3d3001 (talk • contribs)
- I agree with the cleanup but LEAVE the "reincorporated" bit alone. It's class and you know it. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
Deleting the British Takeover part and inserting a list of things in America
This article sucks, nobody wants to read about some stupid british taking over. That's why I'm putting in a list of things in America. Agreed, though, this article needs a serious rewrite. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Xela267 (talk • contribs)
- Actually that's one of the best things on uncyclopedia, taking that out would be criminal. Take it out and it's going straight back in again, that bit's class and it made me laugh. I'll be saving that to my computer so it doesn't get changed. I'd rather read that article than read a list of random things in America. I'm sure there'll be lots of imagination in your little article, with points like "your mom" and "the Eiffel Tower" being inserted.
- Please, leave this quality article where it is. It's original and I'll be putting it back in, again and again, every day until you give up. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
Fuck America! FUCK°!!!°!°!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- You make an interesting point. It's subtle, yet profound. Oh, and go back to grade school. Sentences need a subject and a verb. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
I wrote the reincorporated article and even I don't like what he's saying. America isn't bad really, please calm down. - Tom H. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs)
- I don't know who should be more offended by this article: Americans or comedians . . . —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
No need to fear. A rewrite is in the works. --THE 22:08, 11 October 2007 (UTC)
That's because this article is about a substandard country.
I thought I'd be the first to try and make something of this dying article. Help would be much appreciated! Ive put a WIP box in for now. Jebend 19:26, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
America is a fucking continent, not a country. USA is just one of the countries of America. Stop thinking you're the center of the world already. 184.108.40.206 02:19, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
- How bout actually leaving the country for once, dipshit. oh, and, europe: FOUNDER OF AMERICA —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
Who's doing this?
okay, almost done.
Jesus Christ with a stick!!
This article isn't funny. It's a rant by Anti-American Assholes, or Anti-American Traitors. If you're gonna be an ass, be a funny ass. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Trid (talk • contribs)
Bring back the original contents
The article used to be 100000000000000000000000000000 times funnier when it was making fun of the country - supercontinent jumble. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
British Takeover Section, part II
- It seems very similar to this forum post, which I assume is
a poor man'sreferencing John Cleese's "Declaration of Revocation" essay. MadMax 00:00, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
Fact which Americans are sure to consider as vandalism
|This article or section may be Overly British. Americans may not understand humour, only humor. Canadians and Australians may not understand anything at all. Don't change a thing to remedy this.|
adding an Oscar Wilde quote?
“America is just a big fat lesbian.”
I think this should be added to the top of the page.