From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Adobe Potatochop article.
I can't fix it because I can't edit, but there was some vandalism that randomly deleted a few paragraphs.
Look for the word "tralture"; a few paragraphs were deleted between this word. Needs to be reverted.
Also "cutting edge of Pontrol of" where there was some stuff deleted between P and ontrol.
wheres the Corel potatopaint? the Adobe's rival? one should put up such an article too
- Funny you should ask, Mr. or Ms. Anonymous, if that is your real name. I had a whole section on Adobe's Competition ready to add, but then the article was VFH'd, so I decided to wait. But then I changed my mind. So now it's there. Unless someone reverted it because it wasn't funny enough. In which case, never mind. --Falcotron 21:21, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
Um... GINSu was already a parody of GIMP; I don't think we need CHOP also. Also, putting a free project in with the companies who've attempted to compete commercially makes the next paragraph make less sense.
But I do like the idea of calling a GNU project "open-source," as it'd piss off rms much more than my lame "free kitchenware" joke.
Also, POTATO-TATER was meant to parody of Corel PHOTO-PAINT, which mixes the beginnings of the names of Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro and puts it in ALL-CAPS so you can hear it shouting at your from the shelves at Fry's.
Speaking of which, shouldn't there be a Fry's joke here somewhere?
I won't revert all those changes unless someone agrees with me (or unless it turns out that it's all a conspiracy against me and other hapless newbies by some all-powerful evil cabal, of course, in which case I'll blank the whole article and move it to "Adobe Potatochop Is A Lame Uncyclopedia Joke Like Everything Else Because Everyone Hates Me"). But I'll try to fit the Fry's joke in. --Falcotron 23:38, 2 August 2006 (UTC)
This article is making me hungry. T___T
edit Author! Author!
Not sure who did this (Hindleyite? Falcotron?), but whoever did it, it was dead-set outstanding. Hilarious words and great illustrations. I forwarded the link on to some friends of mine who work as newspaper designers and artists. Cheers --12:35, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
- Not me; I just added the Competition section. The original brilliance--and most of the subsequent brilliance, for that matter--was by Hindleyite. --Falcotron 17:16, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
- Actually it was a joint effort by Mr Hindleyite and myself, and we're already very pleased with it. I'll make sure that the kudos gets shared out in equal measures. Thanks..... --
Mhaille, you protected a vandalized version of the page. It looks like when Caleb870 fixed the first vandalism, instead of reverting, he just deleted the spam, which left gaps in the middle of words (hence the nonsense words "Pontrol" and "tralture" and all the missing text in that region). I think you want to revert to my last change (http://uncyclopedia.org/index.php?title=Adobe_Potatochop&oldid=968189). --Falcotron 20:54, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
- Also, it isn't vandalism, but I think changing POTATO-TATER to POTATO and adding CHOP were mistakes, so you might want to undo those (but not by reverting, as there were subsequent good changes by yourself and others). --Falcotron 20:56, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah, you're right. Have reverted to the previous version. I don't like having to portect Featured Articles, but for some reason they become instant targets to every idiot on the planet. Thanks for keeping an eye out. --
edit Canadian Version of PotatoChop
Should clearly include plugin of "Poutine and Le Back Bacon" rather than the grossly American freedom fries and hamburger. Socialist Canadians hate Freedom and abhor hamburgers, since ham and other pork products aren't accepted in all cultures.
edit A picture suggestion
I was thinking that the following picture may be quite good to include in this article (Most people can't edit it for some reason)--Shas'O'my'gosh 05:52, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
- No. Your image is horrible. Get it out of here. -- 11:31, 27 June 2007 (UTC)
I think this article should be unprotected. It was protected the day after it was featured,august 2nd 2006, so I think it's be long enough.--Scott 23:02, 18 May 2007 (UTC)
Yes i agree it should be unprotected so we can all add 2 it
edit Where's Now!
Adobe Potatochop CS6 was released now! can you update to CS6?!