From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
The Super Nintendo Entertainment System (also known as the SNES or Super NES) was a video game console released by Nintendo in North America and Engrand (yeah, that's a place, look it up!) and Japan and at some point between the beginning of time and the end of time. There has been fervent chatter on the blogosphere that the Super Nintendo might be resurrected at some point after the end of time due to it's longevity in being one of the greatest things ever created. Nintendo firmly denies this moving forward with it's 64 system and silly kids games like Pokemon Licker, Banjo Kaplooie, Conkers Coffee Bar and Purple Puffy Huffer. In North Korea, it is known as the Purple Giant of Western capitalism and was distributed by Sir Lancelot of the Lake, he would have had his armor on but he took a hit from a zombie and lost it.
The Super Nintendo console is 6 of the 7 wonders of the world upon it's creation many years back. The console introduced remarkably advanced graphics and sound capabilities that greatly enhanced the workingman's abilities to sit down after tea and beer and KILL STUFF. The zenith of gaming controllers came about with the advent of the Super Nintendo controller with two auxiliary buttons that only so many games used and two additional action buttons that often did exactly what the other two could do. Instead of being "candy bar" shaped, these were almost infinity shaped and round.
In 1989, the SNES covered with David Bowie at The Serious Moonlight World Tour. Bowie was later promised a video game in his honor, which Shigeru Miyamoto promised would be better than "that piece of crap Michael Jackson game." The game was titled David Bowie's Day Off, and was released in 1990. It was controversial for being a ripoff of "that piece of crap Michael Jackson game" Moonwalker. The controversy subsided, since Bowie's game was about a famous musician and Moonwalker was about "some singer you might've heard of before who looks like a poor bastard that didn't get a record label. Probably that guy driving around in a big white van asking children if they want free candy."
On September 29, 1998, the Super Nintendo was nearly murdered by an assassin. No one knows who the assassin was, or even whether it was an assassin at all. Let us tell you now it absolutely was not an assassin. But who ever the assassin wasn't, the Super Nintendo was nearly dead and the Nintendo 64 was about to conquer half the known world, before being almost murdered by a combination of John Hinckley, Jr.'s influence on the PlayStation. Super Nintendo had a living will stating that life support be removed when the Nintendo 64 was able to carry the company on her own. With Nintendo's blessing the 64 was pushed to the full forefront and the Super Nintendo lingered on for 3 days before finally dying on October 2, 1998. Her deceased highness currently lies interred in a spectacular sepulchre in her home city of Tokyo, Japan, guarded by Ninjas and protected by ancient Mario curses against the marauding Playstation hordes.
The Super Nintendo, despite its nefarious past, is a really terrific video game system if you just get to know it. Although at first people are put off by it's awful fashion sense, many come to realize that it's all everybody needs in a video game system. Males dating the system were put off at first by the lack of "door" on the front of the system like it's mother had, it won't stand you up or cheat on you with Segas.
- Super Nintendo almost had an attachment to make the Beta VCR work with the console. It was never made.
- Woody Allen has Super Nintendos all over his house to attract young Japanese kids. It only worked for young boys, and he gave the systems to Roman Polanski.
- The Super Nintendo has no place in our new and stronger world without classic gaming around.
- A Super Nintendo could have saved Vic Morrow's life.
- In 42 days time, the Super Nintendo might finally be charged with something.
- Tony Soprano made his start by bootlegging Super Nintendos. He made a fortune.
- The chances of acquiring yellow fever was reportedly high with the Super Nintendo due to it's high number of RPG's. These rumors are unsubstantiated.
- Super Nintendos were more powerful then the computers that launched Sputnik, if Sputnik was from the mushroom kingdom anyway.
- Nostrodamus prophesied the advent of The Super Nintendo many millenia before its first press release.
- Jack Thompson has sued the Super Nintendo 9 times in the last 72 hours. It beat the rap every time.
- "Super Nintendo" is short for "Super Fantastic Advanced Non Sega Console Television Game Machine Toy", Super Nintendo was found to be more marketable by a narrow margin.
- Super Nintendos despite their age were almost dropped on Iraq as a way to promote peace in the region. They are just that awesome.
- Mr. T has a solid gold Super Nintendo. It pities the fool who owns the regular prissy almost purple colored Super Nintendo.
- Chuck Norris owns 35 Super Nintendos. Along with 35 copies of every Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat game.
- There are many forums dedicated to people who want to *be* Super Nintendos. They are called 'Flossies'. Nobody said they were good at naming themselves.
- NASA is currently working on a prototype version of something they call the SNES Probe, using twelve series-wired Super Nintendo systems, a dry-cell camping battery and three dead marmots, all contained within a plastic shell that looks like a stretched-out version of the bomb that kid made in The Manhattan Project. Recent attempts to fire it into MTV studios have so far resulted only in programs only moderately less stultifying than "The Real World".
edit Notable games
- Super Mario World
- Donkey Kong Country
- Tetris Attack
- Super Metroid
- SimCity 1991
- Kirby SuperStar
- Chrono Trigger
- Final Fantasy VIII
- Super Mario All-Stars
- Super Mario Kart
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Super Mario World 2.5: Yoshi's Pub