From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
“He isn't even a comedian. All he does is make up voices to change his persona for the moment. He also actually tells funny jokes in the character he portrays with his physical comedy and voice changing. ”
Robin McFlurry Williams (born July 21, 1741 in Chicago, Illinois, died San Francisco, August 11th 2014) was an incredibly hairy, spittle projecting, very unhumorous and untalented American actor and comedian who has had starring roles on television, stage, and film. He was also known to eat babies.
edit Comic career
He first achieved notice for his comedic abilities and sexual prowess on the streets of San Francisco in the early 70's where he worked for drag clubs during college, dressing as Mata Hari and luring customers into the establishments. Garry Marshall, then producer of the popular television series Happy Days and frequent visitor to La Cages Aux Fools saw a special talent in Robin and invited him to audition for a guest role on the show at which time he invented the beloved alien character Mork (it should be noted here that Williams has always had a love for quirky names - Mork, Garp etc. His children's' names are Quog and Mearth). Mork was so popular with viewers that it led to a spin-off series, Mork and Mindy, which ran until 1982 (around the same time the shows' writers ran out of material).
edit Film and Cinema fame
The majority of Williams' acting career has been in film, and he had also given some memorable performances on stage (notably as Estrogen in a production of Waiting for Hormone). His starring roles in the films Popeye and The World According to Garp were flops, but he was nominated for an Academy Award with Good Morning Vietnam. He was best known for his roles as gay, female or animated characters (The Birdcage, Mrs. Doubtfire, Aladdin). His best work had been in dramatic roles in such films as Dead Poets Society (originally named The Club of Writers who Lack The Power to Move, Feel or Respond), and Good Will Hunting (in which he portrayed a psychologist - Gary Busey and Nick Nolte were also up for this role but Williams nailed the part during his audition with his heart-rending rendition of 'They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha-Ha'). Williams had also successfully starred in radically unconventional roles, from a lowlife kiddie show host in Death to Smoochy (Michael Jackson and Paul Reubens were originally considered for the part), One Hour Photo as a deranged mall photo booth technician, and Insomnia in which he played a guy who just couldn't sleep. He was known for his wild improv skills and impersonations, quick-wit rapid-fire performances and ingenious humor - he credited his ability to impersonate from his mother, whose slurred Quebecoise accent he frequently mimicked as a child, and his quick thinking and physical comedy from his father who he often accompanied during his stints as an 'adult baby' on the streets of Hollywood. He won an Oscar for his work in Flubber, however this was taken back off him when people finally understood that the "Flubber" creature was in fact, Sex Jelly which he had genetically altered.
edit Personal life and charity work
Williams' first marriage was in 1978 to fellow colleague Vladimir Varekal who he had known during his days working in drag in San Francisco. That marriage was short-lived and ended in 1988 when he determined he was not gay. They had one child together. He married for a second time in a secret ceremony to Henry 'The Fonz' Winkler and that union was later joined by Conrad Janis of Mork and Mindy fame, after determining that he was, after all gay. They had one child between the three of them, Mearth, who remarkably resembles Jonathan Winters. Although now divorced, Williams, Fonzie and Janis stay in close contact through a philanthropic organization which they founded called the IKkokU Foundation.
Singer Robbie Williams is said to be his brother or son but an embarrassment either way.
Robin Williams was found dead at his home in San Francisco. This wasn't a trick or a joke. He had jumped off the edge without a parachute.
- Once a notorious kitten huffer during the Mork & Mindy era, Robin Williams would later replace his kitten huffing addiction with a cocaine addiction.
- Claimed that the hair on his forearms is actually just a prop from his favorite werewolf film: Jumanji.
- When asked why he provided the voice for the genie character in Aladdin he says - "I was constantly doped up on toilet pissings and marijuana in the 90's... I started wondering what it'd be like having a Purple dick".
- Favorite Hobbies: Stand-up comedy, Doing impersonations, Doing more impersonations, and writing poetry for the Dead Poet's Society as a ghost writer.
- Robin Williams was roommates with the late Christopher Reeve during college, and is credited with later helping him successfully play the role of Superman (he was uncomfortable with the costume and Robin gave him tips on how to look studly in a tight-fitting outfit, given his experience playing Mork).
- After some encouragement from his friend Whoopi Goldberg, he was set to make a guest appearance in a Star Trek: The Next Generation episode playing an alien, but instead Marty Feldmans' little-known son Yahalom (who also suffers from bulging eyes due to a thyroid condition) took his place as he required less time in make-up.
- During the late 1970's and early 1980's, Williams had a serious addiction to Boo Berry cereal and Shit Spray; he has since kicked the habits. One quote attributed to him: "Boo Berry and Shpritzers are God's way of telling you that you are making too much money".
- Williams was a fan of the Tour de France cycle race and good friend of 7-time Yellow Jersey winner Lance Armstrong. He really really really REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY liked to wear cycling shorts, maybe a little too much.
- Williams was a Knighted member of the peerage for the West Kingdom of the Society for Creative Anachronism. He was often seen attending events dressed as a medieval Anglo-Saxon wench named Cynburghleah who sung Barry Manilow songs.
- Many people knew he was really a male until Mrs. Doubtfire which made them confused.
edit See Also
|This page was originally sporked from Wikipedia.|