From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
You may have been looking for one of the following articles:
Occam's Razor: Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem or "Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily", or "Do not multiply entities unnecessarily", or "Entities should not be unnecessarily multiplied". Alternate phrasing for this is Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate ("Plurality must never be posited without necessity") or Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora ("It is futile to do with more things that which can be done with fewer"). William of Ockham (also Occam, Hockham, Occham, Hockem, Octum, and various other spellings) first put forward this precept. 
edit William of Ockham
- Occam's Razor (scientific)
- Lo Pan's Razor
- Crabtree's Bludgeon, a foil to Occam's Razor, and may be expressed so: "No set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated."
- Parsimony, which in the scientific method is an epistemological, metaphysical, or heuristic preference, not an irrefutable principle of logic, and certainly not a scientific result.
- The occam programming language
- The variant of occam programming language, Occam-π
- Minimum message length, a formal information theory restatement of Occam's Razor (scientific).
- MML, an abbreviation of Minimum message length
- SMS, a minimal message
- Hickam's dictum, a counterargument to the use of Occam's razor in the medical profession.
- Occam's Razor (House) The third episode of the first season of House.
- OCCAM: Observatory for Cultural and Audiovisual Communication in the Mediterranean and in the World
- OCCAM: The Office of Cancer Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NIH/NCI)
edit In music
- Razor (band), a Canadian thrash metal band formed in 1984
- "Razor", the last song on the album In Your Honor by the Foo Fighters
- The Razors, a Belgian punk rock band formed in 1978
- Razorlight, a light weight version of The Razors
edit In literature
- "Razor" (short story), a short story by Vladimir Nabokov
edit People & fictional characters
- Jake "Razor" Clawson, a fictional anthropomorphic feline from the series SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron
- Razor Ramon, a ring name of American professional wrestler Scott Hall
- Razor Suleman, CEO of I Love Rewards Inc.
- Razor (Maniac Mansion), a character from a 1987 Jaleco game, Maniac Mansion
- Daryl "Razor" Reaugh, ice hockey colour commentator
- Motorola RAZR V3, a mobile phone
- Razor Blade, a 1920s racing car
- Razor clam, a clam shaped like a razor
- Razor (scooter), a compact aluminium kick scooter
- Razor wire, an anti-personnel security obstacle
edit Other uses
- Battlestar Galactica: Razor, a television film for Battlestar Galactica
- Hanlon's razor, an adage
- Vipul's Razor, a distributed, collaborative, spam detection and filtering network
- Razer: most often a stylized misspelling of the word razor.
- Razer, a former Canadian digital television specialty service now known as MTV2.
- Razer USA Ltd, an American computer peripheral manufacturer that specialises in gaming mice
- Razer (Robot), a contestant on the TV show Robot Wars
- , an Australian radio presenter and writer
- Simplicity is simply the act of being simple
- Simplicity is the property, condition, or quality of being simple or un-combined.
edit Computers and software
- Simplicity PHP framework, an advanced, scalable and extensible PHP application framework
- Simplicity (photography), a photographic technique
- USS Simplicity (SP-96), a United States Navy patrol boat in commission from 1917 to 1918
edit In technology:
- SIMPLE, a presence and instant messaging protocol suite
- SiMPLE, a programming language
- SIMPLE algorithm, a numerical method for Computational fluid dynamics
edit In other uses:
- Simple (abstract algebra), an algebraic structure which in some sense cannot be divided by a smaller structure of the same type
- Simple living or voluntary simplicity, an alternative lifestyle to consumerism
- Simple Shoes, an American shoe brand, a division of Deckers Outdoor Corporation
- Simples, a philosophical concept of objects without parts
- Simple, a medicinal herb or a medicine made from one; see Herbalism
- Simple (Andy Yorke album), an album by English singer-songwriter Andy Yorke
- Fee simple, a form of land ownership
edit Peter Simple
- Peter Simple, pseudonym of and newspaper column by the British journalist Michael Wharton
- Peter Simple (novel), 1834 seafaring novel by Marryat
- Peter Simple (racehorse)
edit See also
- Simplicity Hill (85°6′S 174°38′W / 85.1°S 174.633°W / -85.1; -174.633) is a small ice-free hill rising 1 mile (1.6 km) west of Crilly Hill, at the north side of McGregor Glacier, in the Queen Maud Mountains.
- ↑ Possibly to defend his habit of reusing the same teabag until it disintegrated.