From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
“Think of Deliverance but with East Anglian accents.”
Norfolk is north of Suffolk which, for the benefit of any Norvicensians who may be able to read this entry, curiously happens to be south of Norfolk. For any Norvicensians who do not understand the meaning of 'Norvicensian' it means an inhabitant of Norfolk. But they are more commonly reffered to as "them Norfuckers" and generally considered to be Norfolk & good, especially in bed. Still better that than being called a Norfolkian! Norfolk contains 'a fine city' which goes by the name of Norwich (pronounced Naaridge in the common Norfolk dialect).
The other major city is Ankh-Morpork. There are probably other cities in Norfolk. Other places in Norfolk are Cromer (just) 'the gem of the Norfolk Coast', Sheringham (just) and Swaffham. Norfolk is far from the third world backwater it is stereotyped as. The first roads were built in 1999, giving people the chance to drive the most new fangled cars for the first time ever, rusty pickup trucks from the 70s and 80s are very popular.
The people of Norfolk no longer live in hand built shacks, many now live in caravans with all the mod cons, such as toilets, psuedo running water (the stream outback), and beds not made out of straw.
Police are very scarce in Norfolk, on average there is one police station for every 100 towns, thus should a crime aspire, the locals will round up a posse, and bring pitch forks and double barreled shotguns. Norfolk has the lowest crime rate in the country, mainly because there are not enough police to report it to. Those police who do work in the country are known to find it hard to climb high barriers, such as kerbs in petrol stations, without falling over and hurting themselves and claiming compensation from victims of crime - which is, perhaps, another reason why most locals avoid attempting to deal with them.
Norfolk shares a boundary with the uncharted swamps of Lincolnshire and is renowned for this and also being the refuge of those Lincolnians who have evolved beyond bestiality and incestual relations.
The Head of Norfolk is Delia Smith, born 1578, who is in fact immortal due to a hideous birthing defect and sitting on a canary. She led many brave, but purely stupid attempts to bring Lincolnshire into the modern world, always ending in defeat as the Norfolk men found themselves vomiting so hard at the sight of the mutated Lincolnshire "women" that they were unable to concentrate. In the longest battle known as the 31 minute skirmish of 1789 Delia fought relentlessly with her rusty pitchfork giving the mayor of lincolnshire a throrough rogering, which he enjoyed until he found that Delia was unrelated to him - therefore making sexual relations illegal under Lincolnshire law.
edit The Inbreeding 'Myth'
The population of Norfolk has a reputation for being inbred, but this generally relates to the fact that most people never manage to reach the county to find out the truth, either being raped and eaten in the Cambridgeshire fens, or despairing of life and topping themselves after talking to anyone in Suffolk.
In fact many places in the County go to great efforts to prevent inbreeding. In the town of Fakenham, for example, it is customary for virgins to be offerd for mating with all the whole town on their 15th birthday, in order to ensure that the offspring are genetically variant. In North Walsham this custom takes place at the onset of puberty due to the belief that any girl without a baby in a pram by the age of 14 is doomed to sterility.
edit Notable people from Norfolk
- Delia Smith
- John Major, lives in Weybourne (he's the one with the glasses) where he enjoys the weekly 3-day raves, and is down with the homies getting himself some Es. It is often asked by Norfolk people whether the county is the bread basket of England, or the dustbin of London.
- Horatio Nelson, British admiral famous for his participation in the Napoleonic Wars, most notably in the Battle of Trafalgar, a decisive British victory in the war, during which he lost his life. And his car keys.
- Ben Mitchell briefly lived in Norfolk while hidin' from the Fuzz. He skipped town to Copenhagen soon after.
- Ooh! An' not fergitting tha' hactor Stephen Fry, h'and frum Hare'say that Myleene Klass.
- Simon Norfolk, the foul-mouthed British photographer, lives nowhere near Norfolk. It's his way of being offensive to his own surname, as it's all he has left.
- In 1990 the television comedian Harry Hill was famously attacked by a swan in the former Woolworths superstore in Swaffham.
- Charles Clarke, buffoon of a former home secretary was an MP in Norwich until he lost the 2010 election to a tub of lard. He once did a 3-foot long poo.
- The fictitious character Alan Partridge is just a wanker.
- Beth Orton, she be one of those thar siiingers from Deeereham y'know!
- The Busker (more commonly known as The Norwich Puppet Man) who dances outside HMV with a puppet on a stick and a radio. On one occasion, he made the puppet dance to the sounds of children crying which understandably freaked out a lot of pedestrians
- (Marigold) The coloured guy who always wore the yellow gloves and spent most of his days directing the traffic along Grapes Hill and St Crispins he was so efficient that no one knew where the hell they were going.When he wasn’t directing the traffic I think I am right in saying he was chief executive for Norwich City Council.Sadly now dead and more pile ups on grapes hill since his demise - replaced with wunna them ol speedun camera gadgets ta catch ya speedun.
- Levi McCarthy The Norwich Hardman can't say much as I not too sure if he's still about.Mc Carthys cafe - was the best food in England at 2am. problem was every time you nearly got yours some big bloke said it was his, eventually you would eat at 4am - late supper or early breakfast.
- Sarah Daniels, Sarah Daniels is possibly the most inbred person ever to have existed. Her family tree is literally one long straight line, stretching from what is belived to be the early triassic era. She strongly denies any association with Norfolk or inbreeding, and her webbed fingers, toes and yellow belly hint that she may be a refugee from Lincolnshire.
- Juggling Jim, all time legend from King's Lynn.
edit Literary Heritage
Norfolk has boasted an exciting literary heritage since 2003 following the self-publication of Sean Wright's Jesse Jameson and The Golden Glow, an exciting novel about a girl who discovers she is a fairy which is in no way a poor attempt at cashing in on the Harry Potter phenomenon.
edit Capital City
edit World Records
Norfolk is also possibly known for holding the world record for most species of fish, with approximatly 23 million different species in the areas surrounding Norwich, King's Lynn and Great Yarmouth. It is commonly mistaken that the putrid stench comes from a local girl's open legs, however scientific evidence does in fact point out that such girls are immigrants from Essex and thankfully not really local.B&B
Norfolk also holds the world record for most tractors on a B road.
Norfolk has also just been nominated for another world record and this is for the most potholes ever recorded in a single year, if these were to be repaired properly it would almost double the national debt.
Norfolk is a popular tourist destination and allegedly has several major examples of holiday attractions. There are many seaside resorts, including some of the less polluted British beaches, such as those at Great Yarmouth, Waxham, Cromer and Holkham bay. Norfolk is probably best known for the Broads and other areas of outstanding natural beauty and many areas of the coast are nudist colonies and human gaming reserves with some areas designated as National Parks such as the Norfolk Coast AONB. Tourists and locals are required by law to enjoy the wide variety of monuments and historical buildings in both Norfolk and the city of Norwich.
THE NORFUCK BROADS (Thas wot we cull em rond ere) The Norfuck Broads is the ideal place for a staycation boating holiday, especially if you live in a bedsit in a big city it will be home from home. The diesel fumes are second to none, the congestion at peak season compares very favourable with the M25, and the prices are out of this world. At precisely 3pm is when things get interesting, after a day of drinking and crashing into almost everything there is a mass rush to moor your boat at the prime spots, the ones near the eateries or toilets etc. This inevitably ends up with two near paralytic usually obese male members from opposing parties/boats backed up by their shrieking wife’s and children slugging it out on the bank for these prime spots. The losers is the one who missed hitting his opponent the most times and usually has to give way and let the victor have the mooring spot. Sometime it doesn’t get that far and the opponents ending up Semi- comatose lying on the bank is what looks like two walruses in some bizarre love making ritual. And if you are fortunate enough to have a lousy week weather wise, well there’s nowhere you rather not be. Oh happy days, never again.