From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Newmath was approved by Minitrue for inclusion into the state curriculum in 1984. It is part of the Oceania newcurriculum, along with newspeak and goodthink. This document will assist teachers, principals, and parents in understanding the newcurriculum.
Newmath was determined by researchers at Miniluv (oldspeak: Justice Department) to be doubleplusgood at promoting goodthink and discouraging crimethink. The inclusion of newmath in the core curriculum will also hasten the obsolescence of oldthink. As part of an interdisciplinary program in elementary and secondary schools, newmath will foster skills that students will need to fully function in society, such as blackwhite and doublethink. Newmath will also encourage patriotism and respect for the state.
Students will learn newmath through a problem-based approach. Some problems included in the Minitrue-approved text, Newmath, 3rd edition, are excerpted below.
- Last year, Miniplenty announced that chocolate rations were 30 grams per week. This year, chocolate rations went up to 20 grams per week. What is the error here?
- Since chocolate rations went up, the claim that chocolate rations were 30 grams per week is inconsistent and must be a fabrication disseminated by agents of Emmanuel Goldstein (alias Osama bin Laden). The error is the crimethink that was caused by lending credence to a fraud perpetrated by agents of Goldstein.
- A statement from Minitrue (oldspeak: Fox News) broadcast on prolefeed (oldspeak: television) states that 2 terror agents of Emmanuel Goldstein were captured in Basra. Another 2 terror agents were captured in Falluja. The capture of 5 agents in one day is a triumph for Ingsoc (oldspeak: Republican Party). What is the error?
- The 2 agents in Basra along with the 2 agents in Falluja add up to 5 agents. Hence the statement on prolefeed is equivalent to the equation
- This mathematical equation, as part of an official Party statement produced by Minitrue, must be true. The error was the crimethink produced by doubting or questioning a statement by Minitrue.
- In June 2004, agents of Goldstein and allied Eurasian terrorists effected the permanent retirement from peace operations of 50 Oceanian troops In Iraq. In June 2005, 83 troops were permanently retired from peace operations in the Iraqi theater. Calculate the number of permanent retirements that will take place in June 2006.
Implementation and Results
Standardized testing has shown full implementation of newmath in all schools in Oceania. Minitrue reports that improvements in scores have been doubleplusgood since approval of newcurriculum.