From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
You know what we actually need. A duration of the ban on the Blockedtext page. Special:Ipblocklist and Special:Log/block seem to be tedious for finding a ban duriation. --NXWave 14:37, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
Interestingly enough, the text currently says that "you may contact $1", except as far as I can tell, you can't, because you are banned. Perhaps a change to "you may leave a message for $1 on your user_talk page and hope they see it" would be a better change. But then again, I'm a sick twisted individual, and would actually prefer a change to "if you think this ban was unjustified, just leave a note on $1's talk page and you will be unbanned automatically". 12:31, 27 May 2006 (UTC)
- I believe the 'contact' originally referenced the note at the bottom "*Note that you may not use the "email this user" feature unless you have a valid email address registered in your user preferences." so it should probably be rephrased "If you have set an email address, you may contact...". --Splaka 06:31, 28 May 2006 (UTC)
Please make it look like this:
|Your user name or IP address has been blocked by The Right Honourable $1.|
|You were banninated due to the following reasons:|
More than likely, you were banned because you failed to read or understand The Beginner's Guide to Being an Uncyclopedian, How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid, and/or Our Vanity Policy. If this is the case, or even if it's not, take some time to read these documents now.
After you've taken the time to read the above articles and you feel like you are ready to make useful contributions to Uncyclopedia, you may contact $1 or one (1) of the other administrators to discuss the block. If you are just some dumbass spammer, blanker, or vandal, it will probably give them a good laugh.
Your IP address is $3. If you have an actual user name, please include this in any queries you make, along with your ssn, a credit card number, and any bank account numbers you have.
It might be possible to plead your case over irc, if you didn't do anything really wrong, or if you can prove that you have fully educated yourself by reading the above articles. Log into the Uncyclopedia channel with the same username you use here, and start begging. Bring flowers, a positive attitude, and a cheery hello. None of those will help, but occasionally admins take pity on banees. (Often just before they get fired for being softies.)
edit Useful Links
- The Beginner's Guide to Being an Uncyclopedian
- How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid
- Our Vanity Policy
- List of Uncyclopedia administrators
- List of blocked IP addresses
- Log of blicking activity
edit Also Note
- ↑ Seriously. If you can't prove you know the basic rules and what we're trying to do here, you'll find the admins more than a bit chilly.
- ↑ Note that you may not use the "email this user" feature unless you have a valid email address registered in your user preferences. Also, don't email every admin unless you want the ban quadrupled (or worse).
edit Dont block me!
DONT BLOCK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- You can still read pages, but cannot ...
emendamend ... them.