March 28: International hit sombody in the head with a brick day (Turkey)
- 330 - Once Istanbul was Constantinople.
- 1056 - In escalating crisis, Islamics behead 500 Christians.
- 1057 - Not to be outdone, Christians behead 501 Muslims.
- 1630 - (aside: Old New York was at this point New Amsterdam...why they changed it, I can't say--people just liked it better that way.)
- 1923 - Modern day country of Turkey formed, people wonder at why it is named after a fat bird you eat for a holiday
- 1930 - Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople.
- 1939 - Hitler freaks out, and the German people just liked it better that way.
- 1990 - Been a long time gone, Constantinople, now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night.
- 2006 - Every gal in Constantinople lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople, so if you've a date in Constantinople she'll be waiting in Istanbul.