Unquotable:Arthur C. Clarke
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
“Kubrick was a talentless bum. That whole movie was my idea. And you remember the apes, in the beginning? That's right - I was the smart one, third from the right.”
Oscar Wilde •
Winston Churchill •
Famous scientist, inventor, turtle impersonator, author and non-paedophile, Arthur C. Clarke is responsible for inventing everything that exists, as well as several things that do not. Clarke lives quietly with 37 nubile Sri Lankan boys in hot pants) on an small island in the Indian Ocean. He spends most of his free time persuading people that he is an author, and not merely a paedophile.
Clarke is the author of numerous science fiction novels, such as Childhood's End (1953), The Fountains of Paradise (1978), and Cradle (1987), as well as non-fiction works such as The Young Traveler in Space (1954) and Boy Beneath the Sea (1958). His many short stories include "Trouble with the Natives" (1951) and "Out of the Cradle, Endlessly Orbiting" (1959).
edit Clarke on his many inventions
- "My proudest moment came when I invented the first Uncyclopedian; my darkest, when my work was abused to create the Wikipedian."
- "Much has been made of the fact that my invention of the petrol-driven engine revolutionized the 20th century."
- "In Soviet Russia, everything invents me!"
- "Without me, you see, the Dark Ages would never have come into being."
- "The funny thing is, when I invented Christianity, I wasn't entirely serious."
edit Clarke on himself
- "I can unequivocably state that I am, in fact, an author, and not a paedophile — although I did invent paedophilia."
edit Clarke on others
- "Before me, people merely dreamed of Stanley Kubrick."
- "Isaac Asimov is, in reality, based on something I had invented a few years previously."
- "If I didn't exist, I would have invented myself."
- "Al Gore likes to claim that he invented the internet, but in fact, I invented Al Gore following my futile attempts at inventing Dan Quayle 2.0. Oh, and I invented the internet, too."
- "I’m going to fucking invent that guy... I have done it before, and I will do it again. I’m going to fucking invent Steve Ballmer."
edit Clarke on fashion
- "I was the first person to make looking like a pale, balding turtle fashionable."
- "History shows that it was I who invented hot pants, and that my boys have been wearing them since 1952."
edit Clarke on PCP
- "I’m going to fucking bury those people, I have done it before, and I will do it again. I’m going to fucking kill everything."