- American novel must start from humble origins, so start on some awful writing medium or torture yourself in some other way.
- Make yourself depressing yet patriotic. Alternate emo music and the national anthem.
- Make sure it's horrendously long and full of insane metaphors. Mar 28 (02:09) • <->
- Try to nest the metaphors within each other for extra points. Remember the golden rule of writing: If they can't understand it, they'll assume it's great just to be safe.
- Make sure the metaphors refer to normal, everyday things, like love or something, but make it impossible to decipher. Mar 28 (02:21) • <->
- People struggling against all odds Mar 28 (02:10) • <->
- the American Dream Mar 28 (02:10) • <->
- People struggling against the American Dream Mar 28 (02:10) • <->
edit Methods of inspiration
- other than drugs?
- looking wistfully out the window Mar 28 (02:14) • <->
- backbreaking work throwing bales of hay during the Depression or something equally depressing. • <02:48 Mar 28, 2008>
edit What is the American Dream?
- To prove to the rest of the world that we're right.
- To be both thin and able to eat as much as we want.
- Hot dogs. Just hot dogs.
- Unbridled capitalism. Mar 28 (02:21) • <->
edit Aw Cajek, screw
Go forth and flourish; it's your article. It's my fault I didn't help. Fucking homework and other such real life things.