From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
“Jane, stop this crazy thing!”
“Oh my God!”
“Did you not hear me out there? For 45 minutes, I was out there screaming! I know that 'cause my damn watch is broken!”
It was Hanna-Barbera’s space age counterpart to The Flintstones. Like the former show, it is a half-hour family sitcom projecting contemporary American culture and lifestyle into another time period.[Original Bullshit] While the Flintstones live in a world with machines powered by birds and dinosaurs, the Jetsons live in a futuristic utopia in the year 2062[Why don't you get a life already?] of elaborate robotic contraptions, aliens, holograms, and whimsical inventions.
The original series, comprising 24 episodes, was produced between 1962 and 1963 and was re-run on Saturday morning for decades. At the time of its debut, it was the first program ever to be broadcast in color on ABC-TV (as The Flintstones, while always filmed in color, was broadcast in black-and-white for its first two seasons). Its continuing popularity led to further episodes being produced for syndication between 1985 and 1987. The series was extensively merchandised and followed by two made-for-TV movies and two theatrical feature films. The Japanese dub is associated with Toei Animation.
The year is 2962, the place is United States, the city is New Chicago as the rest of the country is either the ocean or perpetual rainfall due to the rampant global warming. George Jetson works for Spacely who now owns half of Chicago (the other half is owned by Barack Obama's head inside of a drone). Jane his wife is a stay-at-home mother who basically drinks 1/2 a glass of wine and admits that she can't drink a full glass. Daughter Judy goes to High School where she lost her virginity awhile back. His boy Elroy goes to the Little Dipper School and writes his own science fiction, in the eighties episodes he has started his own religion.
edit The Characters
- George Jetson; He works at Spaceley Headquarters at the New Sears Tower (which got owned by Wal★Mart in 2912) and he works from 5 in the morning to 8 at night making less than minimum wage which is $10 an hour at the time, where minimum wage became $13 an hour in 2060. He has a Bachelor's Degree of Engineering from a Community College in 2959 and is married to Jane his wife!
- Jane Jetson; She's married to George Jetson and basically stays at home. And most of the time, she goes shopping with Judy Jetson and has a full wardrobe of the same clothes! She wishes that her family could have a vacation, but her husband George only gets a two-month vacation break... it might be 2912 but it's still not the Netherlands!
- Judy Jetson; The daughter of George and Jane, she's 16 and almost has everything that a teenager could want...except her own flying car. The age of driving at the time is 21 because at the time, teenagers would fly drastically.
- L. Ron; Basically the normal one in the family, he knows everything about computers, robots, thetans and all the random cool futuristic stuff. His dream is to go to New Harvard University and become a psychiatrist.
- Spacely; He owns the Higher half of New Chicago where everyone lives 1000 feet above Sea Level and has flying cars. He never looks down at the people who live in Old Chicago which is made easier by the perpetual veil of smog separating the classes.
- Astro; The dog in the family, who is descended from Scooby Doo since he can talk like Scooby-Doo.
- Rosie Rodreiguez; She's the maid for the Jetson Family. She was assembled in Mexico alongside with her brother Bender.
- Orbity; L. Ron adopted it and we still don't really know what the hell it is...