From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
|This article or section may be Overly British. Americans may not understand humour, only humor. Canadians and Australians may not understand anything at all. Don't change a thing to remedy this.|
|This article was probably written by a Mackem hating Geordie! |
You have the power to edit this page before you gan doon the toon!
“We save your ass in Waterloo and we get no thanks”
“Gizz'a fukin broown ale like'!”
“Newcastle? Don't you need shorts before you go there, dear boy?”
Geordies, also known as Tyneside Playas, are a fierce Scandanavian tribe from the Kingdom of Newcastle, whom harassed the remnants of the Roman Empire in 1972. As seen on 'Auf Weidersehn, Pet', the folk of Newcastle, are distinct from the Cockernees, Brummies, Scousers, Mancs, (slightly), Weegies, Norfolkers , Smoggies, Woolybacks, East Anglaliens, and Kalahari. They also like to think that they are distinct from the Mackems, Tykes and the Inglis of Lowland Scotland. They are often considered the English equivalents of those residing in the American state of New Jersey as both have nature television programmes showing their behaviour in the wild.
Geordies are known for their ability to fly, to perform millions of calculations per second and eat pasties for breakfast despite their IQ of 0.1. Many Geordies also have an ability to communicate with the dead during a full moon and a solar eclipse.
edit Prerequisites for classification as a Geordie
- They have more alcohol in their blood than blood, thus resulting in them being drunk 90% of the time
- Parties, parties, parties! And night clubs
- Must never have worked a whole day of its life
- They have the ability to speak an unknown language that is totally alien to normal people
- Have an unparalleled aptitude to steal things that aren't nailed down..hence the name thieving magpies geordie gypsie bas***ds
- Have a tendency to pick their nose's and spit phlem everywhere to act like their MAM
- Are fluent in talking shite and bragging they built HADRIANS wall, when it was really the Italians
- Have artwork of Sid the Sexist on their wall...as they are all young hearted...or jist daft man
- Have been born on a very rough, inner city estate somewhere in Newcastle (Benwell, Scotswood, Blakelaw, Westerhope, Ponteland!
- Be a supporter of Newcastle United, A.K.A 'a magpie' or 'mag', thought to derive from the thieving bird of the same name
- Believe that the messiah is Cheryl Cole
- Have been to at least 2 football matches - thus creating a footballing genius
- Have been involved in at least 1 football riot (male Geordies only)
- Know all the managers of their local team (Newcastle) since its founding by heart (or just the ones from the last 15 years for most 'true' fans)
- Believe that their local side are a top English team (see also: People of Leeds and Leeds United Football Club)
- Have no qualifications whatsoever
- Live a life of beer, tabs (that's 'fags' for any stray American readers) and absolutely no sex
- Be able to speak the Geordie language fluently (although no-one from outside the confines of Geordieland would be able to verify this)
- Imagine that the only true drink in the whole world is Newcastle Brown Ale (known to locals as 'Dog' because of the effects of consuming it)/Vaux Double Maxim (Depending upon which side of the Tyne you're from!)
- Think that a Greggs pastie is haute cuisine (see section on Predators below)
- Have at least a dozen of your family living within 1/2 a mile of you, and sometimes in the same house
- Be able to flare your nostrils to the extent that they become triangular (females only for purposes of breathing fire)
- Have been to all the nightclubs in Newcastle before you're tenth birthday
- Not know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'
- Not be prepared to admit that Cheryl Cole is not, in fact, the messiah but really a cross-dressing simpleton, who has escaped from the hills of Austria, and now pretends not to be a singing nanny but a football pundit. Honestly, you couldn't make it up
- They must have been hung with a gold rape, which rarely happens to people, for stealing six deers in a king's park for money.
- And lastly survive the freezing temperatures of the Arctic wearing only football shorts(men) or belts and high heels (women)
edit Warrior culture among Geordie males
The brick is revered as an elegant and deeply spiritual weapon throughout the world; but no culture is more deeply intertwined with this mysterious artifact than that of the Geordies. The Geordie Berhydes Berserks are taught over many decades to perfect their brick throwing technique; which in special cases can result in almost supernatural abilities. Tapestries of a Geordie warrior poet in the 16th Century tell the tales of "Gaz", who could throw a brick through the wall of a castle (which would keep going and smash a southern noble in the 'heed'). More recently, Geordies were employed as field surgeons in WWI; their ability to perform intricate neurosurgery with nothing more than half a breeze block are considered to be a major factor in the Allied victory.
The American military has yet to devise a tank capable of defeating a really drunk Geordie. There are currently high hopes for the "Fucking yeah! Freedom War Machine, Praise Jesus!" Mk.II, and if initial tests run smoothly the technology will be sold to the critically ill-equipped Newcastle Police Force.
- For more information see Ald Englisc
Geordie is derived from the Geordies' old Ancient Germanic tongue but it has influences from Trollish, Hebrew, Elvish and Swearing. The language was developed by Jesus Thunor Wodenson Christ when he worked in the spice mines of outer Mongolia (known at the time as either Dune or Kessel), to describe the experiences of working the streets at night. Despite this, it has become universally recognised as the language of love, and was the language employed by Lord Vader, a native of Jarrow, in all of his most romantic poems about Donald Trump. Sadly, these have all been translated into English, and the originals have been lost. Scholars are known to have wept for days on reading some of his more poignant metaphors.
- He walks in baldness, like the night
- Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
- And all that's best of dark and bright
- Meet in his aspect and his balding head:
- Thus mellowed to that tender light
- Which heaven to gaudy day denies
- Canny comb over liiiiiiiiiiiike.
edit Spoken Geordie
True (or low) Geordie is rarely, if ever, spoken by one who is not a native of Newcastle. A notable exception being the complete cast of Ramsey Street. Only a chosen few non Geordies are allowed to speak the language after many years of personal tuition by Jesus Christ AKA Alan Shearer. It is known that Princess Diana was one of the few non-native Geordie speakers of the 20th Century. If a person is caught speaking Geordie without a licence, Mr T and the Jedi Knights are authorised to use lethal force to stop them. After Vader's first public reading of "He Walks in Beauty", grown men were seen to fall into tears, as they tried to comprehend the beauty of the words, combined with Vader's harsh, rattling voice, and pauses to cough out black phlegm.
One particularly amazing quality of the Geordie language is the ability of fluent speakers to have a conversation lasting several minutes without actually exchanging any information (See vocabulary section). It is currently theorized that this is the origin of small-talk in the western world - though the more accurate standard-english translation is "fukin shite man".
edit Written Geordie
As mentioned above, several poets and writers have written in Geordie, finding its subtleties ideal for delicate romantic prose. Shakespeare wrote his tragedies in Geordie, to add an extra shade of bittersweet longing to his work. Take for example this scene from Romeo and Juliet, considered one of the most famous love scenes in the English language:
- But soft!
- What light through yonder broken window?
- It is the East and Jules is the sun!
- Arise fair sun and kill the envious moon.
- It is the east, and Jules is the sun
- Fancy a swift knee-tremble in the car-park, hinney?
- Yes, thats it, left a bit, there we go!!
edit Some Vocabulary
- Ah man! That really hurt me knee, man, woman, man! - Here we see the Geordie inability to address a woman without using the word 'man'. In-depth physiological research does, however, indicate that this is because the two genders from the Geordie region are, in fact indistinguishable.
- Whey aye, man! - Yes, of course.
- Had away an' shite, man! - Don't talk nonsense, Newcastle United/Sunderland are not a second rate, broke football team.
- 'Wor'/Weh" - Ours, commonly used to mean mine.
- Ya bugga! - "You homosexual, friend, husband, co-worker, employer, employee, football player, pit foreman, casual acquaintance, tax inspector, children's television presenter, drinking partner, judge, Chancellor of the Exchequor, pieman, barber, dentist, foreigner, neighbour, uncle, tennis instructor, nephew, lion tamer, web-designer, telephone sanitizer, pilot, fashion designer, weaver, superhero, council worker, singer, novelist, mother-in-law, stand-up comedian, Mick Jagger, Scotsman, Welsher, milkman, afgan, member of parliament, gas man, social worker, teacher, plumber, plasterer, electrician, politician, newsreader, the BBC, Alan Hansen".
- Monkey-hanger - A native of Hartlepool.
- Smoggie / Smog Monster - A native of Teesside
- Mackem - A native of Wearside
- Haway man! - Lit. "Come on!" but can mean, when used at a football match, "How the fuck can that possibly be offside, there are at least three defenders keeping him on! And Luque is a lazy Iberian cunt, I should say".
There are many theories regarding origin of the word "Geordie" . Several theories have been proposed by desperate etymologisers hoping to impress bored and desperate etymologotrices at boring parties, but these are all known to be pish.
Some of the more popular, but still wrong, theories are:
- The word comes from Gar ("spear") and Diegan ("die"); the Geordies were well know warriors who loved to kill with spears.
- All Geordies worship their violent, sport obsessed God, Geordie LaForge, and took the name from him.
- Geordies are all ex-lovers of King Geordie Ramon, Il Diablo of Guernsey.
- The skin of Geordies resembles the pastry of pies made by the famous pieman Geordie Pordy, Pudding and Pie.
- It is derived from the English phrase for under-dressed, Gee, you'll die, which was corrupted into Gee or die and then just Geordie.
The feral badger was the chief predator of the Geordies, as it used their pelts to line its nest. Since feral badgers became extinct for failing to pay their electricity bills, Geordies have had until recently no natural enemies and have been multiplying at record rates. Without a cull, experts believe they may extend their range as far as Alnwick.
Cornish pasties; while insufficient to repel a Geordie, as they will consume thousands of Greggs pasties a year, are so delicious you simply won't care about them tearing your legs off to get to the food.
edit See Also
- Newfies, the Geordies of the West
edit Beautiful Geordies
- Frank Gallagher
- Robert Dawson...aka chubby dude
- My Auntie Gwenda
- Crammy Tramp
- That tramp that shouts "Arseholes" at passers-by
- David Watts (Senior and Junior)
- Tom Barton - 'Tommo'
- Liam Hood - 'Hoodie'
- Kirsten Raw - 'G-Star'
- James Glancey -'Im on another Glancey'