> Unknown operating system
To successfully determine the type of operating system you are using, follow these steps:
- To access operating system information panel, hold down the Ctrl key and press F4.
- In the message box that comes up, click on "System specifications" and then navigate to the "Operating system" tab.
- Take note of the details of the system as shown in this tab.
If this is unsuccessful, then follow these steps.
- Click on the start menu, and choose All Programs -> Accessories -> Command prompt
- At the prompt type "format c:"
- Click yes to the following prompts
- This will take some time to complete the complete scan of the system format. After it is complete then you will have the system information displayed on screen. Take note of the details of the system as shown on the screen.
Once you have the system details recorded, return to the main menu