Forum:Would this happen: "en.uncyclopedia.org / ja.uncyopedia.org / zh.uncyopedia.org"?
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
“English-speaking Uncyclopedians don't care about Babel people”
Such kind of question someone else may asked before.
Would this happen: en.uncyclopedia.org (instead of www.uncyclopedia.org) / ja.uncyopedia.org (instead of ja.uncyclopedia.info) / zh.uncyopedia.org (instead of zh.uncyclopedia.info) / zh-cn.uncyopedia.org" (instead of zh.uncyclopedia.wikia.com)?
--Hant 09:44, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
- Not spontaneously, I shouldn't imagine. --Whhhy?Whut?How? *Back from the dead* 10:21, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
- I had that happen once. The doctor had to put it in a cast. I still limp a little, and it aches when it rains. 15:29, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
This is actually something that we've discussed a number of times before. If I recall correctly, the last time it came up the consensus was that it would be an awesome idea and we should definitely do it. After that consensus was reached, though, nothing happened. -- 20:16, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
- Consensus between who though. It's all very well us here deciding this is a good idea, but pointless if the various versions don't want to move names -- sannse (talk) 20:29, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
- While http://uncyclopedia.tw would be a viable option ( as an alternative to http://zh.uncyclopedia.info ) any chance of moving the full set to *.uncyclopedia.org would have ended when Chron sold the domain name out from under the project last year. If anything, the trend seems to be (at least for non-Wikia projects) for individual communities to register their own names (such as desciclopedia.org.br) and point them at the servers.
- While it would still be possible to create a full set of xx.uncyclopedia.info subdomains as simple redirects, there's not much point in doing so. --Carlb 12:12, 9 July 2007 (UTC)
- That's very much a matter of opinion, Carl. I think this has a lot more to do with projects wanting their own identity than who owns the domain name. Look at the variation in the choice of names on the wikis on Wikia... xx.uncyclopedia was always available, but rarely chosen -- sannse (talk) 08:24, 11 July 2007 (UTC)