Watch out! According to the Malaysian Department of Homeland Security, Uncyclopedia is of "public concern". Don't visit this site! Keep away! It contains "erroneous information"!! report translation -- sannse (talk) 10:36, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- <Manticore> Homeland Security confirmed http://www.uncycloedia.org/wiki website provides not true message, and published containing insults, contempt and awareness of the content of Malaysia, the Department issued a statement today urges public concern.
- <Manticore> I HOPE WE ALL GET SOME SICK
- From #uncyclopedia — 10:39, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- Well, that settles it, now we definitely need a template to stick at the top of the Malaysia article. Perhaps one of those crimethink ones? - 12:07, Jan 15
Does this mean that that guy in the help forum was right to be concerned? Or maybe he works for the government... -- 13:48, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- I'm gonna take his request at face value... no reason why not as far as I can see. I've taken it back to the first version -- sannse (talk) 16:15, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
Uh uh. I don't understand why this story only seems to appear in a paper for Chinese Malaysians. I can't find it in any of the many english language papers in Malaysia. I'll try to find out what's going on from a Chinese Malaysian friend in Sarawak. It is a bit alarming. I think he might be right to be a bit concerned. China provides excellent training courses for governments in this part of the world who don't things like this Sean.hoyland - tak() 14:30, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
Oh How I Love to Antagonize Entire Governments
Would anyone be against me totally pissing off Malaysia? Codiene's right; missing the opportunity to fuck with a whole country is just too good to pass up. --THINKER 15:05, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- UnNews:Uncyclopedia Internal Security Department warns on Malaysia - David Gerard 15:39, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- Can we annoy one of the good countries, next? I mean, what in the hell is a Malaysia, anyway? 15:42, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for the snipe, Dave. --THINKER 15:57, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- Uncyclopedia: your best value for wiki-based international diplomatic incidents! - David Gerard 16:01, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- Oh, and anyone who actually reads and writes Chinese is welcome to stir the Chinese text (which is the original news story) to make it look more like it was minced through Babelfish, and of course to swap all mentions of Malaysia and Uncyclopedia - David Gerard 16:05, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- Never mind, I ran my English text through Systran myself. It's much better now, because it's longer - David Gerard 16:21, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
"Authorities expect the statement to urge the public not to feel free to download and disseminate relevant website content, in order to avoid falling into the trap of heart." OH NOES!!!! OUR WEBSITE IS MAKING PEOPLE FALL INTO THE TRAP OF HEART!!! --THE 21:26, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- [[The Malaysian Trap of Heart]] really, really should be an article. --THINKER 21:28, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
David Gerard asked me to comment since I'm a Malaysian. (Brief plug for Keranamu Malaysia, a parody of a patriotic song that only Malaysians would get. Oh, and I'm not sure if we actually have a word for parody that isn't imported from the English.) Problem: I am not currently in Malaysia (ah, the travails of studying abroad). Kwong Wah is a reputable Chinese language newspaper, however. I quickly skimmed a bunch of news sources and blogs that might pick up the story - I got nil. Then I Googled around and found a few blog posts. I would be skeptical, if not for this and this. The first is by a blogger who generally does not publish stuff he wouldn't stand behind (he is currently defending himself in a libel suit filed by a government-linked newspaper); the second cites the Merdeka Review, a Chinese publication, and provides sufficient details that make me think this isn't a made-up story. I am not surprised at all that the government would be this stupid; the Internal Security Ministry and other government departments are generally run by dunderheads. Johnleemk 23:06, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- Uh oh...Some of our information has been found erroneous, guys. - 23:56, Jan 15
- Oh Dear God... YOU ALL LIED!!! YOU SAID IT WAS ALL TRUE!!!! WHY WHY WHY???
- Oh noes, it's the trap of heart! Quick, where's my copy of Open-Heart Surgery for Dummies?
- And no, none of this surprises me; we've already had issues with mainland China returning blank pages in place of the various Chinese-language Uncyclopedias for the better part of a year now. --Carlb 00:44, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
- My Chinese Malaysian friend, who admittedly doesn't speak much Malay suggested that the closest thing to "parody" in Malay might be “tiruan yang kurang berhasil”. That apparently literally means “worthless imitation”. So, not only have we been engaged in spreading erroneous information but it's all been worthless. I for one feel suitably chastised and foolish and I suggest we call the whole thing off. The irony is that we have actually trapped our own hearts in a trap of heart. I pity us. Sean.hoyland - tak() 08:07, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
- I'll get out my M14. -- 16:07, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
What's Uncycloedia? Teh website isn't showing up on my internets. -- 00:51, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
- Dunno, but I'd estimate about five seconds before some spammer registers it to park a page of ads there, uncyclopedia.com - style. See also this, looks like "The famous original network encyclopedia 'Wikipedia' in the January 15, 2001 creation, is the founder of the Prince of the United States (Jimmy Wales) and Larry Sanger (Larry Sanger), and many other participants in the English passion." The Prince of the United States? Wow! --Carlb 00:56, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
- The Prince of the United States is led by English passion into a trap of the heart. Top stuff! - David Gerard 10:31, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
Evil capitalist wiki must not reveal Ancient Chinese Secret
Governments taking offence at Uncyclopedia content in one or both Chinese languages is nothing new: --Carlb 17:51, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
Subject: Seeking your assistance Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:24:37 +0800 From: "e##### ####" <email@example.com> To: <carlb@kingston.###> Dear Sir/Madam, This is an e-mail from the Equal Opportunites Commission of Hong Kong (“the Commission”). The Commission is a statutory body set up in 1996 to implement three anti-discrimination ordinances in Hong Kong, namely the Sex Discrimination Ordinance, the Disability Discrimination Ordinance and the Family Status Discrimination Ordinance. It work towards the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of sex, marital status, pregnancy, disabilities and family status. It also aims to eliminate sexual harassment, harassment and vilification on the ground of disability. We have recently received a complaint of vilification alleging that there are derogatory remarks made against a person with a disability in the following website: http://zh.uncyclopedia.info/wiki/%E9%8B%B8%E4%BD%A0%E5%91%A8. We understand that you are the registrant of the domain. In order to follow up the complaint, we would like to seek your kind assistance to provide with us the contacts of the host of the said website by 27 August 2007. Thank you for your attention. Should you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Yours sincerely E##### #### Case Officer Equal Opportunities Commission (Hong Kong) 19/F., Cityplaza Three 14 Taikoo Shing, Hong Kong Tel: (852) 2106 #### Fax:(852) 2106 #### Email: email@example.com
- Any other nations we could piss off? I was thinkin' maybe Venezuela, or Peru perhaps? --THINKER 19:14, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
- Ooo! /me puts up hand. Narnia! 19:34, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
- Better chance of having net.access in Narnia than in North Korea, I'd expect. --Carlb 20:08, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
- Ooo, North Korea would be a good one.. That 2005 FA'd page could certainly use a makeover. --THINKER 20:19, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
And now, a musical interlude
"Trap of the heart"
and Uncyclopedia is to blame.
Baby, Malaysia gives love...
a bad name."
/me bows.06:34, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
- A trap of the heart, and you're to blame
- Comrade, you give us a bad name... --02:27, 28 January 2008 (UTC)
Once upon a time Malaysia was enjoy peace,
But violations of the dignity tore it apart.
Nothing I can say,
It's all just "a trap of the heart".
Whatever you do
I urge you NOT to feel free to download and disseminate relevant website content!! • Spang • • 08:39, 17 Jan 2008
- Too late.
23:47, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
- I hope the government doesn't edit... on the other hand it could be really funny, clogging up the administrative running of a whole SE Asian country. Hmmm
- O noes!!, I have most suddenly felt into the trap of heart... Damb is on you uncolapedia.wiki site ! --Vosnul 14:58, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
I thought we were only a threat to Britain, America, the Bush's, Chuck Norris, factual Oscar Wilde quotes, Jews, blacks, and anyone who dare step in our path, but not Malaysia.
"These erroneous information has been widely adopted, particularly from the United States print media."
Really? What respectable media would quote Uncyclopedia? Damn those Malaysians and there... ERRONEOUS INFORMATION!!! --Dexter111344 21:13, 18 January 2008 (UTC)
Malaysia is mostly Muslim
I think we upset some officials in the Malaysia government that are Muslims, with our Islam, Allah, and Muhammad articles. That Uncyclopedia does not give the true message of Islam. I recall we got a lot of Islamic visitors upset that Islam was being mocked, and some of them were from Malaysia as I recall. If we keep it up, Uncyclopedia could become another Danish Newspaper under attack by Radical Muslims. --Lt. Sir Orion Blastar (talk) 03:52, 24 January 2008 (UTC)
What are they gonna do, suicide bomb Uncyclopedia Headquarters? Hah! Shows what they know, its just a cardboard box with a 56k modem jack on the inside! --Nytrospawn 18:54, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
- I have been adding some pictures to Islam related articles. Now I must add some of Malay nature, lol. --Allahgator 00:42, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
This seems to be one o' them topics that go down in Uncyc history
So I'd feel bad if it got locked before I posted something.
04:35, 24 January 2008 (UTC)
- I AM NOT!--
13:07, 24 January 2008 (UTC)
- AM TOO! --
14:30, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- Yay! I'm Uncyclopedia history! I'm a history slut!
- AM TOO! --
- I AM NOT!--
- Oh yeah. Good idea Skullthumper. I totally forgot to be a slut too, and SysRq just bumped it and all. --
18:13, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- YOU'RE ALL SLUTS! THE WHOLE LOT OF YOU!
00:14, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
- You're welcome. This thread is indeed legendary. I feel a need to revive it. Let me see what I can do.
- YOU'RE ALL SLUTS! THE WHOLE LOT OF YOU!
C.H.E.E.T.O.H.s of the world, unite!
And of course by C.H.E.E.T.O.H., I mean
Signup sheet is below. Let spread the right message: not feeling free to download uncycloedia!
Signup against not true message
- BEWARE THE TRAP OF HEART!!