I recently gave twitter a shave and a haircut, and the code used there can be made more flexible so that all the untweets pages can have the same makeover. As a non-namespace this has more content than UnDebates, and more features. So two quick questions:
Should we create an official untweets name space?
- N&F It's up to wikia to implement this, but they generally will if we have community support for it. As we have an official twitter account, and finally have a sharing tool in place, having a "frame" (to steal the term from HTBFANJS) that twitter users can relate to makes sense. At the very least we should have a portal for it, but a namespace makes sense when we have sufficient volume of features to support it. • Puppy's talk page • 11:54 16 Aug
- Against We already have too many namespaces. -- 16:51, August 22, 2012 (UTC)
- That dude. Plus, no direct wiki copyspace. Seems to do just fine as an unofficial space. -- 17:26, August 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Fuck Yea! ~ 01:26, August 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Less name spaces 07:44, August 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Per frosty (Ruins) 13:55, 24 August 2012
Should we revamp the existing articles on this namespace to look like 2012 Twitter layout?
- N&F Again with the frame and context side of things, the more familiar people are with the layout, and the more it looks like an accurate parody, the funnier it is. Or to put it another way, Ryan Stiles does a better impersonation of John Wayne than Eddie Murphy would, and then subverts expectations, and as such it becomes funnier. The only reason I'm not just doing the change is that we are looking at four or so featured articles included in this category. The changes to the coding are fairly minimal. If I had access to site CSS I'd even be able to do with it what was done with the UnDebate name space. • Puppy's talk page • 11:54 16 Aug
- Sure why not. -- 16:51, August 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Ya -- 17:25, August 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment. I have no idea what this discussion is all about. --RomArtus*Imperator ® (Orate) 06:53, August 24, 2012 (UTC)
LOOS3R!07:24, August 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Against. (Ruins) 13:55, 24 August 2012
- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GUN SotM UotM PMotM UotY PotM WotM 21:58, 24 August 2012
- Wait, is UnTweets even a namespace yet? -- Кıяву Тαгк Сойтяıвs 2012-08-31T00:19
- Comment. I also have no idea what is going on, but what the fuck ever. Why not? As long as somebody who isn't me promises to take care of the thing that we're talking about doing. -OptyC Sucks! CUN03:29, 31 Aug
- Against it makes a perfectly simple and reasonable system more complicated than it needs to be. Also fuck twitter I say! 11:48, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Agreed. Fuck Twitter. I have to go now. I can't believe the library let me in with a hooker on a leash, but I'm going to have some motherfucking fun tonight. Wish my penis luck.
- For. --Lord Scofield Stark 20:49, September 8, 2012 (UTC)