Forum:Uncyclopedia's first ever NOWC
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
In celebration of New user month, a bunch of admins on IRC have decided that as of next Monday 8th of October, Uncyclopedia will hold it's first ever NOWC (Noob only writing competition). It really works quite simply:
- Any account created after June 1 2012 will be allowed to put forward their name to compete in the competition. (accounts created before this that have made less than 50 edits, i.e you hardly used your account before then may also submit)
- They will be given until Monday 22nd October (2 weeks) to write as many articles as they like and submit them to be judged. Yes, they can create as many entries as they want to about anything within Uncyclopedia's scope! (check here for some ideas) OR there.
- They will be locked then for judging
- Myself and a panel of judges will they rate them out of 50 under various criteria feedback is required. Everyone will be given until the 29th of October to judge.
- They will be unlocked and added to the mainspace
The idea in having it only for noobs is that instead of having it as a small category in a large writing competition, it will become the primary focus instead and maybe we will have plenty of competitors instead of just one! 04:45, October 4, 2012 (UTC)
Where to submit
- Noobs interested in participation put your names here
- Users interested in the judging process put your names here
- Users interested in cash prizes, put your credit card details here
Questions, answers, queries, retort, suggestions, denials, criticisms and discussion (for assholes)
Note: Trolls like answering questions in bold, pay no attention.
do i count as a noob ~jcm 23:26, October 5, 2012 (UTC) No, noobs can't count.
I'm probably not going to be here Monday
So could somebody vote for me, o is there more than one day of voting? Nevermind, just place my name on the Frank Bush article. Okay? OKAY???? 20:31, October 20, 2012 (UTC)
- You have a full week to do the judging, so it's fine. 22:14, October 20, 2012 (UTC)
Will the judging be extended?
So far, I've got most of the articles judged, but unless there's a sudden flurry of judging activities this evening, most of the judges have not judged all of the articles. Where is everyone? Is it finals week or something?-- 19:18, October 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, the actual judging is quite sparse, huh? And as it stands right now, my three articles and also "Bill Nye the Science Guy" haven't actually been judged at all! <insert sad face here> - I reckon judging period needs to be extended! It's almost like everyone has a life or something! :D - Strainj1 09:42, October 30, 2012 (UTC)