Forum:Proposal for new writing competition
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
I'm in the process of starting a new writing competition and I was hoping for some imput before going any farther. Some of the details are still being worked out but the basic idea is a contest, similar to PLS or the Aristocrat's Turkey Day Ball, which would focus on the creation of requested articles (primarily from UN:REQ, UN:VITAL and Special:WantedPages). I'm currently working on sample page which should give a good overview of the competition. There isn't an "official" start date as yet but it will take place after February 2010, possibly during the summer.
How many would be interested in taking part, either as a participant or judge, and when would be the best time to hold such a contest?
I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions for improvements. Also if there is anyone who would like to help as an organizer, feel free to leave me a message. Thanks for your time everyone. MadMax 18:02, January 14, 2010 (UTC)
- I'll judge the shit for you. Just let me know when you're ready to get started. -OptyC Sucks! CUN18:56, 14 Jan
- I like the idea. You can count on me entering come February. • • • Friday, 03:42, Jan 15 2010
- I likewise dig the idea. It's a shame the Requested Articles section isn't as prominent as you'd think it be. —Unführer Guildy Ritter von Guildensternenstein 06:36, January 15, 2010 (UTC)
- I personally think this is the best idea to hit Uncyclopedia in a good while. I'm also surprised MadMax can talk. I always thought he was a smart robot. -- Kip > Talk • Works • • 06:50, Jan. 15, 2010
- For. Let's do this. ~ Avast Matey!!! Happytimes are here!* (talk) (stalk) Π ~ ~ 15 Jan 2010 ~ 07:56 (UTC)
- I am, as I may already have observed, down with this. I think it's a great idea Max, and I'll be happy to judge for you. --UU - natter 10:18, Jan 15