Forum:Open Call for Editors to Participate in Research Project
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
My name is Jim Sutton and I'm undertaking research in the School of Library, Archive, and Information Studies, UCL.
My research involves studying wiki usage, the reasons why individuals use wikis and the benefits/disadvantages of using wikis to manage knowledge.
I was wondering if you would agree to my analysing your contributions to Uncyclopedia. This will basically involve calculating how many times you've contributed to Uncyclopedia within the time period of a week.
I was also wondering what your reasons are for using/contributing to Uncyclopedia. I'd be extremely grateful for any feedback you can provide.
If you agree to my analysing your contributions and can provide any feedback as to why you contribute to Uncyclopedia I’d be very grateful. My email address is james.sutton (at) ucl.ac.uk and can be emailed at this address if you agree and have any feedback or questions.
I also have a survey online which I'm using as part of my research so please feel free to complete this if you have the time. It’s available at:
My Uncyclopedia username is Sutton4019 and my research is being carried out jointly with Melissa Terras at UCL. Her email address is m.terras (at) ucl.ac.uk .
If you have any questions please let me know and thank you for your time. Thanks! --Sutton4019 12:47, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
- I shall try to get around to it. I love surveys, to my great shame... --Whhhy?Whut?How? *Back from the dead* 17:35, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
- I'll take the survey at some point, and yo ucan study my contribs if you'd like, not that you really need my permission or anything - I mean, they're right there and all... 18:33, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
- Woot. I did the survery. It was easy. I hope I pass. --Hotadmin4u69 [TALK] 19:01, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
- Heh that was my initial reaction too, but then I went to the survey and was impressed by the intelligence of the questions. I also spent ages filling it out as in depthly as I could. Is depthly even a word? My brain is tired 04:57, 26 June 2007
- According to my Firefox spell checker: No. Indepthly, however, is... (wait for it) not a word either. 05:43, 26 June 2007 (UTC)