Forum:On the current state of Uncyclopedia and what we can do about it
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
I swore that I would stay the fuck out of this conflict that's currently going on, but like American military to the Middle East, I can't help myself. I just can't with good conscience leave this behind without saying this. As you may recall, a few fights ago (and we seem to be having quite a lot of those lately, eh?) we were telling Manforman to calm down, that the Internet was not serious business. In fact, we threw around facetious "SERIOUS MOTHERFUCKING BUSINESS"-es just to make fun of the sheer ridiculousness of the situation. With this in mind, read the following quote:
“Shut up, I'm trying to be serious here.”
This was in response to my attempting to lighten up an unnecessarily serious situation in which he alleged one of Uncyclopedia's most effective (if most controversial) admins was too infatuated with his job. But you already know about that.
So instead, I'll continue with the rambling, sprawling point I would like to make. This unnecessarily seriousness goes directly against the mantra with which many users left the aforementioned discussion: "Don't take this site too seriously." At the end of the day, will it matter if you're infinibanned from Uncyclopedia or not? Perhaps a little at first, but while I don't believe in serendipity, I do believe that life is what you make it, and only by dwelling on the past injustices with a lens of bitterness can you lose sight of what is next.
And that applies to REAL LIFE! When a REAL INJUSTICE is committed against YOU! I'm sure we've all looked at Rev. Al Sharpton at some point and said "Butt out, asshole, this doesn't even involve you." Now, I'm not suggesting anybody here is even close to the level of assholery that is the Rev. Al Sharpton, but the idea is the same. The only thing separating our community from that of ED's is our civility toward each other, and just like a few users (including myself) foresaw, we have lost that.
So come on guys, chin up! Perhaps you don't believe a certain action was particularly justified, but that's no reason to get all pissy about it! As of now, I can't see many people coming across this site and thinking it has any legitimacy whatsoever. After we work so hard to maintain it, why ruin it with some fight tailored toward confrontation? The fact is, what has happened has happened, and the only thing to do is to look forward.
Here is where I open the floor to the rest of the users. I implore you all to post your ideas for how to fix this. The only rules are
- That you don't use any user's name specifically; keep it general
- That the ideas you are proposing apply to a substantial part of the userbase
- 3. That your ideas do not contain malicious undertones intended to be a shot at another user
- Start posting here.-Sir Ljlego, GUN VFH FIYC WotM SG WHotM PWotM AotM EGAEDM ANotM + (Talk) 15:44, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
- I think we should stop posting forums about it, stop arguing, grow up and do what we should be doing here; having a laugh. I now refuse to post in anymore of these goddamn arguments anymore. Good day to you all
Nov 4, 15:50
- There's no way to get people to stop arguing. Since the start of civilization people have insisted on being belligerent assholes to one another. It's a fact of humanity. The only conceivable way to get users to stop arguing is to literally ban everyone. Looks like Famine's already started. Support banning everyone so we can finally have some peace and quiet! - 15:55, Nov 4
- I think we should infiniban Ljlego immediately. Did I say that out loud? Don't they know that I have no inner monologue? 15:52, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
- Add icing. Everything is better with a thick layer of icing. Ooo! Sprinkles, too! 16:34, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
- I think we should adopt a system somewhat like the US Senate. --Sir Starnestommy (Talk • Contribs • CUN • Capt.) 18:19, November 4, 2007
- Oh god, did I say that? Sorry guys. Yeah I was a bit tipsy. See this is exactly why I hate the forums... And the Internet. I'm never going on the internet again. 17:50, 2 November 2007 (UTC)