I have a question. What are the PROs of being hosted by Wikia? This is not a forum about how Wikia sucks, it's, quite the contrary, about how Wikia doesn't suck. Also, it's a forum about shit, so lets see some pictures of faeces rolling • FreddAin't Dedd • • • 15:30 • Saturday, 13-03-2010
- Came expecting to see pictures of Uncyclopedians on the shitter, left disappointed. 0/10. -OptyC Sucks! CUN15:39, 13 Mar
- I was bored, and still am. You can't blame me.. The pictures of Uncyclopedians on shitters are soon to follow, anyhoo. • FreddAin't Dedd • • • 15:48 • Saturday, 13-03-2010
- It's free.
- It's free.
- There aren't very many ads (I dunno, I keep them blocked).
- The site loads reasonably fast. -- 18:18, March 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Running the things and the stuff is somebody else's problem. If the average Uncyclopedia ran those things and that stuff, we'd be off the internet in less than a day. 18:42, March 13, 2010 (UTC)
- What Modus said, plus, it has a pleasant odor. Oh, Optimuschris said that already. Ok, this is my answer, I won't change it again. "Zulch is the auto works!" Get saved! 15:41, March 18, 2010 (UTC)
- We're on the internet?!? -- 19:28, March 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Don't forget that by being hosted by Wikia, we prevent Wikia from setting up a rival Uncyclopedia to steal our webtraffic. Which they can, because somebody sold the intellectual property rights on Uncyclopedia to wikia. --Mn-z 19:34, March 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Anyone can host Uncyc, and is free to do so. There are other versions of Uncyc on the internet now. Various mirrors for example. Wikia also already host various wikis which have a very similar theme to us. No one goes to them because they don't have the userbase which we have here. Uncyc is its userbase. It's not the content or the place it actually physically sits on the internet. Chron sold the domain name. He did not sell Uncyclopedia. If the userbased moved then in time who owned the "old" domain would not matter. No one owns the intellectual property because this is what matters. MrN 22:34, Mar 14
Thus far, we have...
- It's free
- Limited ads (AdBlock Plus is a win)
- The site loads
- Pleasant odor (except in the UnNews and Poo Lit areas of the site)
- Wikia does things that we're too lazy to do ourselves
- We're on the internet
- The competition is nonexistent (because if we had any competition, we'd be done for)
If we are not hosted by Wikia, then we may just as well become like Haiti (or New Orleans or Detroit or like Brazil), with the Village Dump populated full of slum-dwelling hobos and UnNews being controlled and owned by the Cabal (TINC). By having it hosted by a private company, we can thrive, crap and survive. That way, Whatport80 wouldn't overtake us as the best safe-for-work Wiki. |Si Plebius Dato' (Sir) Joe ang Giratina CUN|IC Kill | 05:59, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
Is it broken?
- If No - Don't fix it
- If Yes - Attempt to fix issues