Forum:Newpages: A plea/threat
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
So, I take one day off, and a cursory inspection reveals around 100 little turds littering Special:Newpages. Vanity, cyberbullying, nonsense and shit. So...
The Plea Part
For the love of whatever God/higher force/porn star you believe in, can someone incorporate checking this page into their daily routine. I know there's at least 2 other admins as active as me here; and 2 more people doing it regularly is all it'll take to make the influx of shit manageable.
The Threat Part
If I don't get help, I'll stop doing it. And we can all drown together under the waves of JONNY IZ GHEY LOLOLOLOLOLOL to become a second E*********** D********. Won't that be fun.
We're bigger than Jesus (well, Zombie Jesus at least) these days, but with that popularity come the great unwashed masses trying to be funny. And failing. So please help keep Uncyclopedia tidy. -- Sir Codeine K·H·P·B·M·N·C·U·Bu. · (Harangue) 12:55, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
- I am still new here, and do not have admin privileges, but I immediately see this problem. I for one do not agree with the policy of IP's posting..but since it is still allowed/encouraged, then YES, someone would need to go thru 'newpages' and delete the obvious stubs. NOW, I might be willing to do this, if you all thought that i would do a fair and competant job. I would need some 'official' guidelines on this policy, but my views are as follows:
- If i saw a one-liner stub from an IP..i would huff
- If i saw a stub who's history showed no activity within some given time, i would huff
- sockpuppets are huffed
- if i saw a new entry from a REGISTERED user, and it appeared that a decent attempt of starting a page is evident..it would be left alone...
obviously i dont know the official guidelines on this, that is what you guys/gals could inform me about.
SO I am offering my time to work on QVFD on newpages...BUT at this time i would request that i ONLY work on stuff in newpages...i feel that that would consume a FEW HOURS A DAY by itself. I know i am new here, but I think you all realise that i am not another IRAQATTACK type person.
Also, because i work, obviously my time is limited, but i am sure i can handle the newpages workload, along with my PEE Reviewing and PROOFREADING (which i am already actively doing)
if you want help, i am willing...let me know
I can tell you right off the bat that me and Thekillerfroggy do it, and likely other users too. Relax. The only time you have to panic is if we're all struck dead and Newpages gets backed up for a week, which isn't gonna happen.
- I wasnt in a panic, i was just offering to help :)
- Oh dur, the first half of this was Codeine. I misread and thought it was some newbie complaining about Newpages (and no, not you, Finnius). Uh. Yeah. Don't worry, Mr. Admin, sir, we're on it!
- /me patrols Newpages often -- 18:45, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
I agree that the non-sysops are doing a good job with ICUing, QVFDing and stuff. It's those other bastards I'm worried about. I'll be studying/taking exams for the next two weeks, and whenever I have time to go online it will be on a crappy dialup connection. That's my excuse for now. Sir Cs1987 UOTM. t. c 06:01, 6 November 2007 (UTC)
- I actually think users are doing a good job with QVFD'ing and tagging newpages, but admins need to pay attention to QVFD a lot more (yes, me too). There's plenty of tools to make doing newpages very easy, and I'm working on one for QVFD, so it should be even easier soon, we just need to get enough people with the willpower to wade through that amount of crap. I just haven't really found myself with the inclination to do it recently. • Spang • • 21:42, 06 Nov 2007
OMGhemadeathreatbanplzhtxbai. -21:44, Nov 6
I've made a quick run through Newpages. I'm normally one of the people who does that; it's just that I've gotten sidetracked lately/needed time away from Uncyc. —Hinoa talk.kun 05:33, 7 November 2007 (UTC)
I would be more than willing to help with the Newpages thing if people are willing to let me. I really think that I could do a very good job with this. Thanks...please leave comments either here or on my talk page. -Razorflame (contributions) Talk 00:55, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
- Uh, what? Nobody has to let you, just go to Special:Newpages and get QVFDing and ICUing. - 01:32, Nov 11
I happen to be one who goes through Newpages and Recent changes about, oh, say, as often as I'm on. Unfortunately, my name inherently dooms my chances to help any further than posting it all on QVFD to death. --The honourable Misleading Username, Esq. (Communications Dept.) 21:35, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
Yeah, you are right Led....I just really want to be an admin on this site, lawl, and the reason for that is because I'm an admin lover....so...just ignore the last comment :() -Razorflame (contributions) Talk 21:37, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
- Well, you have a better chance than I do at making the cut...simply because everyone hates my username...which is apparently misleading...somehow... --The honourable Misleading Username, Esq. (Communications Dept.) 02:57, 13 November 2007 (UTC)
- When when when will people learn the admin rule? Asking to be an admin is the best way to be crossed off the list of potential future admins. --Whhhy?Whut?How? *Back from the dead* 10:04, 13 November 2007 (UTC)