Forum:New user month!
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
August is usually the 'dead month' when people are away on a beach or surfing but perhaps you have seen a new writer/editor who has landed here that deserves notice! They can even be I.P.s, the creative anons who are shy about adding a name here but are adapt at turning an article around or producing something that deserves a mention. So, if there is anyone new who you think deserves preserve or an apple or a raspberry trifle, then add their names or IP addresses below. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 09:06, August 8, 2013 (UTC)
Checking the user creation log from 1st August to 8th August, these are the new users that are showing promise:-
- Christ on Ice. Says he has been lurking for past few months. Hope to see more this month!
- Zeaflea . Writing an article titled General Quincy Huffenstuff.
- Tubezone. Contributing to articles about Evesham and Asparagus. Don't know what the connection is.
- Jcoatman . Perhaps someone working under a mountain in Switzerland. Has added constructive edits to Quantum entanglement
Mention must be made of I.P.188.8.131.52 who has already supplied two new articles on Hurricane Katrina and Automobile. Impressive but perhaps now is the time to step from behind the curtain? --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 06:56, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
- I also think that there are:
- They could have a Noob nom instead but they did create their accounts before 1st August. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 15:16, August 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Perhaps the change from Noob of the Month to Noob of the Moment was a decision that it would not matter. 16:37 11-Aug-13
Then we should change every award. Uncyclopedian of the Year will be "Uncyclopedian of the Decade" or "Uncyclopedian of the Era". (Because "moment" does not go quite well with years, except for those who are in coma). Anton (talk) 16:46, August 11, 2013 (UTC)
- My recollection was that it was to allow noobs who have been here more than 30 days (60 or 90) to still be eligible for the award. It does not change the monthly frequency of the award. ---- 08:53, August 12, 2013 (UTC)
New Users 9 August - 25 August 2013
- Bore Venal Charlatan A fan of Michael Moorcook. Has so far added Elric of Melnibone and The_Citadel.
- Honkenee Wrote an article on Potassium but kept spelling it 'potausium'. If there is a spud joke you want to get out, come back Honkee.
- MusicalRose221 His Own Existence (may contain embedded commands) on the Derren Brown article.
- Chaoarren A man with a dragon..or should it be a Wyvern ?
- Herber8 Now we have an article on Swiper the Fox.
- Tyrone McGee Seems to have the ground running here. Already very active in a short while. Has created Sir Swagsalot.
- The TwaFFs. A user from Scotland keen to write articles in and around Fife.
- Micycle A Stoke-on-Trent version of The TwaFFs. I didn't know there was that much to write about that place.
- ZeMacroKiller98 Another new user hitting the ground on Uncyclopedia. Seems to have an interest in all things ice.
New Users 26 August - 31 August 2013
So to the last batch of new users in August who made an account or stayed as an i.p.
- Jirachi8932 Has filled out his user page but lets us know that ' Jirachi8932' isn't his real name. His real name is 'Latias1290'.
- Yesmypriecious heads straight to Bilbo Baggins. Shame about the spelling of your user name!
- Poopiepop Adds something about JFK's brains, a car upholstery and Lyndon Baines Johnson as a zombie.
- Nach11017 Wants to send Uncyclopedia to the dogs. Pound Puppies to be exact.
- Hessm315 Writes about Cicero but decides he doesn't like it. The article that is.
It became a two horse race between Tyrone McGee and ZeMacroKiller98 for turning up at Uncyclopedia and sticking around to long enough to add value to the website. Presuming you are both guys, a free night out with Lindsay Lohan will be provided by the Wikia Corporation, once her electronic tags are removed. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 09:28, September 14, 2013 (UTC)