From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Hi , We write you because of the decision of Wikia of setting Monaco skin. We’d like to know how you managed to avoid this change and if you ‘ve reached any particular agreements not to have advertising on your website. We require your support for having set again Monobook skin from Wiki: the most of registered users won’t go on with cooperating on these terms and Nonciclopedia may be over. Please answer here: http://nonciclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Nonciclopedia:Embassy We thank you, Nonciclopedia’s community
- Monaco is a horrible skin, and is useless for doing anything useful. Wikia made do with hijacking uncyclopedia's domain name, and implied that that was them being nice about it. • Spang • • 22:09, 29 Nov 2009
- You might want to consider moving off wikia. I would suggest talking to User:Carlb. Also, I believe you can change what skin is shown on your account. --Mn-z 05:44, November 30, 2009 (UTC)
- We've consider that option last year, the first time that staff would set to monaco. But moving have too much problems, above all the registration side: all the user have to register again.
- We know that we can change the skin from preferences... but the readers can't. ---Zaza- 14:38, November 30, 2009 (UTC)
- The best solution in my opinion is to negotiate with Wikia. Of course they'll want ads, and you probably don't have a non-commercial license you can use against their forceful installment of ads on your site. But you can compromise. You can propose a monobook skin with lots of ads, which would be more beneficial for them. What I'm talking about is something like what they do on Encyclopedia Dramatica. (Google the name to see for yourself. See all the ads/porn/shock images on the left side of the screen?) You know that space below the boxes on the left, where there's normally just some gray space? Tell Wikia they can put all the ads they want in there. GUN SotM UotM PMotM UotY PotM WotM 19:20, 30 November 2009
- Negotiation is surrender. If you came from the good ol' red white and blue, you'd understand that. I think you should reconsider moving away from Wikia. Put it to a vote. Your community may feel differently now that you're having Monaco forced upon you. -- 20:37, November 30, 2009 (UTC)