NOMINATIONS CLOSED!!! Voting begins tomorrow.
Going to keep this simple. All featured images of 2010 will be nominated automatically, all images nominated by the choppers guild and anyone working on this project and one image per user can be nominated. --20:18, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
NOMINATIONS (chopped photos...one nomination per user)
Link picture and sign.
Wikipedia/wikicommons is doing a super over the top complex and very avant garde looking picture of the year thingy. Should we do an ever gayer version? Either have people vote on an asortment of images choosing from featured images, great images from featured articles and winners from Zombiebarons comp? And or a mix of these? And or some crazy and totally diferent and obscene suggestion from someone else? And set it up so that mimo and maxus and lolipop get to choose the final winner? (shifty eyes) Huh? Whadayasay guys!?!!?!? -- 07:09, May 3, 2011 (UTC)
- For -- 20:14, May 3, 2011 (UTC)
- For. GUN SotM UotM PMotM UotY PotM WotM 20:30, 3 May 2011
Okay...great LETS DO THIS!!!
So I propose that we do this in two rounds of voting, just like wikicommons, in that there are categories with a bunch of photos in each, which users can vote for as many as they like. I suggest the categories are like this:
- Featured Images of 2010
- User Nominated Images (upto 3 images nominated per user)
- Select Images from Featured Articles
- 1st 2nd and 3rd placed of Zombie Barons Chopper Competition
- Images nominated by the choppers guild
The highest voted image from each category will go onto the second round, one vote per user. One week per round or so. Or does this sound all too complicated ?!?!?!!?!?!? --21:40, May 3, 2011 (UTC)
Any limitation on when the images are from? 18:38, 12 May 2011
- Lyrithya, the only limitation is that it was chopped and that it was uploaded in 2010 or mostly deals with 2010 (article wise). Lyrith I dont mind if you upload more than one since you are part of the guild (chopper of the year, previously) --
22:35, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
- But it's got to be shopped by the user, if I get it right? Mattsnow 23:53, May 13, 2011 (UTC)