Forum:Issues with the Mediawiki 1.9 upgrade
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Please list any issues you have with the recent Mediawiki upgrade here.
Not enough poo
Calendars is spilled wrong in this day in history. What's wrong with you, kid? Seriously, we need more poo slinging on this here website. Get me a beer woman.
Here's your problem, GIF animations don't work!
Am I the only one this is happening to? Only on this site, when I go to YTMND GIF animations work, but not here.
My anti drug...
It seems that where i put the "my anti drug" is misplaced. It probably more relates to the notice saying that we've upgraded, but... still...--User:Zerotrousers/sig 06:57, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
- I am having the same problem. GAMESPOT=666 20:02, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
- Tom Mayfair is too. There probably is some way to fix it, but i'm rubbish at coding and i just nicked it off AAA!s userpage.--User:Zerotrousers/sig 23:51, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
- That's because that thing uses absolute positioning, and the sitenotice knocks the rest or the page down a bit, leaving the absolutely positioned thing where it is. Nothing to do with 1.9. There's a way to fix it so it works even when there's a sitenotice, but it's totally not worth it. • Spang • • 00:21, 24 Mar 2007
prefix= is broken
Seems that prefix= is broken. —Braydie 16:55, 20 March 2007 (UTC)
The big edit links are scary, Mommy. --18:40, 20 March 2007 (UTC)
- I lost my Bold, italic and other buttons for editing... oh noes! My Signature button too! --Kenvalyi 18:41, 20 March 2007 (UTC)
- The heck? Big distracting edit links and no editor buttons? How exactly is this an upgrade? --Zyrac
- I lost my mind. But I think that was unrelated to the upgrade. --Whhhy?Whut?How? *Back from the dead* 19:59, 20 March 2007 (UTC)
- Oops, I messed up the date on my post. GUESS WHY. --Zyrac 20:04, 20 March 2007 (UTC)
Ouch! Those corny big "edit" links are a plain eyesore. It's so ugly that I'm considering not using subsections in articles anymore (at least in my user page I'm sure I'll remove them). And what mean those red or green numbers that appear after the articles in "recent changes"? -- herr doktor needsAV2 [scream!] 21:04, 20 March 2007 (UTC)
- I think it's the gain/loss of characters...which is handy if you want to know if someone has blanked a page.
21:23, 20 March 2007 (UTC)
- Now Alliteration and its children look stupid, what with those tiny tampered edit buttons...WHY did they have to put the edit section IN THE HEADER?! Its f*cking ugly. 21:43, 20 March 2007 (UTC)
- This is due to the style for the edit section buttons being moved to the global CSS and removed from the inline HTML. However, Uncyclopedia has its own skin folder, so the CSS files, the JS files, and the PHP skin templates were not automatically upgraded with all the other Wikia (this will be a long term problem). This edit (clear your cache) should temporarily fix the edit buttons, but there will probably be more strange and minor things like this. --Splaka 22:25, 20 March 2007 (UTC)
I got a warning to add more to my page and now i cant do it because the stupid buttons are gone! when is this gunna be fixed? -- Pysco Stewie 9:20, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
- You can still edit, obviously. You just temporarily have to type more to add stuff. This is the future, man! We don't have time for time-saving buttons. 14:37, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
The buttons should be back for now. • Spang • • 03:44, 22 Mar 2007
wgBreakFrames is undefined
I get this error on every page I go to. It shows up in IE6 and IE7 on WinXP. Firefox 2 doesn't appear to have this problem. --Dr. Chuck 00:17, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
- This is due to the abovementioned staleness of the Uncyclopedia skins folder (the variable should be defined in a script tag on the page itself, in a large block of useful variables). Unfortunately wikibits.js loads and executes that statement before any sitewide js is loaded, so there is no temporary fix available for this. --Splaka 09:10, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
- My CSS files don't work either. --Hotadmin4u69 [TALK] 01:41, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
Replace any occurrence of
window.addEventListener('load', functionName, false); if you want this fixed now. Otherwise wait until the former function is fixed. • Spang • • 03:44, 22 Mar 2007
In other news
Template:USERNAME and USERLINK have stopped working. Which many people will probably regard as a good thing, especially <insert name here>... -- Whhhy?Whut?How? *Back from the dead* 13:45, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
- You has taken a lot of punishment thanks to this. Which many people will regard as a good thing...Retrofuture42 19:24, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
- A cat is fine too... HellDragon 02:14, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
All the IPs talk show up as green. It's making my eyes go funny. Put it back please :/ User:Kjhf/sig 16:17, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
- Mine all show up in red. I chose a different color. But it would be great if someone fixed this. -- 16:21, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
- I was just going to say that. User:Smiddle/sig 18:23, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
Fixed for now. • Spang • • 03:44, 22 Mar 2007
articles don't change
- I'd say it's actually lazy users. Users are supposed to put their articles on the templates. Sir Cs1987 UOTM. t. c 03:48, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
How do you put in pictures now? - BiGrIcH
- The same way as always, [[Image:Crawhus.jpg |thumb|180px|right|''"If I were a carpenter, and you were a lady..."'']]
22:25, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
- Note: The picture insert button is currently in pugartory, along with the edit bar. Do not adjust your set, they may be operational soon! (Hopefully, they work on the wikipedia 1.9)-
- Fixed for now. • Spang • • 03:44, 22 Mar 2007
This is kind of minor, but uhh...
The nifty Welcoming tool that Splarka whipped up last summer now shows empty IP talk pages in addition to the empty user talk pages. 00:11, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
- Fixed, see the page for the new code. • Spang • • 03:18, 22 Mar 2007
- Thank ye. 23:20, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
I WANT MY DAMN BUTTONS TO EDIT WITH!
- /me distracts baby with something shiny. --Whhhy?Whut?How? *Back from the dead* 01:22, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
- Fixed for now. • Spang • • 03:44, 22 Mar 2007
- Woot! Spang, you're beautiful. Kenvalyi 11:56, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
The title template, the username template, and the expanding boxes should be working (anything that still uses the
addOnloadHook function will fail for now). I'll see about temporarily fixing it so the edit buttons appear, but they may be fixed soon anyway. • Spang • • 03:04, 22 Mar 2007
- If any of these need permanent fixes at a deeper level, please report them at Wikia:MediaWiki 1.9. Thanks -- sannse (talk) 09:34, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
- None of these three things is working for me at the mo - did you disable it all again? Oh, except those nifty edit buttons - ta for those. --Whhhy?Whut?How? *Back from the dead* 11:28, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
- Yah, turns out those fixes only worked in firefox. And IE refuses to be fixed (at least by my hand). And all these things need fixing at a deeper level, and have already reported them... we'll see how that turns out. • Spang • • 03:44, 23 Mar 2007
- Haven't you heard? We've changed it to GayPrideWiki. --KATIE!! 14:49, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
- Queer eye for the wiki guy? 15:21, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
I wanted to print some page (don't ask me why), but the "Printable" page is exactly the same as the normal page. tulcod 17:02, 22 march 2007 (CET)
- Just print from your browser... it will automatically format correctly - this is an old thing rather than a 1.9 bug -- sannse (talk) 23:08, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
- That probably means that your not connected to a printer, or that you need more green ink. -- 17:41, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- This was just fixed. Angela 22:19, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
Maybe it's just me but when I use to edit an article as a whole instead of by sections, the edittin' text box would be in the general area that you editted in even after you preview the changes. Now it starts at the top and you have to search for your edit again.00:28, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
Where's My Random Shortcut??
The old random article shortcut (Alt+X) isn't working anymore? Is that the way it's supposed to be in 1.9, or was it an oversight?
Realdeal 55 04:55, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
After moving a page it shows "Page "Unknowable Theory&redirect=no The Unknowable Theory" moved to "User:I say RRRawr/The Unknowable Theory". If we find any double redirects created by this move that you haven't fixed, you're gonna be in trouble!"
Where "Unknowable Theory&redirect=no The Unknowable Theory" links to "The". Eh, someone that wants to try and sort this just test move something and you'll see. —Braydie 13:56, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- That was me, my bad. I know how to fix it, will do it later. • Spang • • 17:34, 24 Mar 2007
Can't undo revision
Tried undoing Democrats, but I can't.
I think it made an elephant step on my computer...
Does anyone even bother to visit Uncyclopedia:Vote for awards, decorations and honours anymore? We could use some new usless junk around here since no one bothers to use the old useless junk anymore. When was the last time anyone got a ninja star? --JohnQ.Public 12:13, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
Can't fucking add fucking Uncyclofuckingpedia to the fucking goddamn motherfucking Firefox fucking search bar
- Don't think that's a MediaWiki 1.9 upgrade problem. On that note, I shall now attempt to do that which you have requested. 00:47, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
Aren't abnormalities the norm around here? I think we should be reporting normalities instead.
The 'shrooms surrounding the notice suddenly became bigger than all of thee Mushroom Kingdom! WHY??!!!?!!!?? 0dd1 02:21, 31 March 2007 (UTC)
SIDEBAR IS GAHN
What the title said. User:Smiddle/sig 16:26, 31 March 2007 (UTC)
ridiculously long formulas seem to be fucked up
- Solution: Make them less long. Horray! 04/3 22:17