Forum:Image upload news
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
According to sannse, image upload will be turned off on Uncyclopedia in about 15 minutes for Wikia maintenance or something. I personally think it's a conspiracy, but I'm only a little scared. Anyway, you won't be able to upload images for about 4 hours. For reference:
<sannse> image uploads are going to be turned off in about 20 minues <sannse> (3-4 hours is the estimate)
That is all.04:42, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Fucking wikia strikes again. First the buyout, then the domain change, and then they ban SPIKE, and now THIS??? They want us to STOP uploading images? Don't they know we live in a fucking society? Come on already! -- 04:48, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Well now where am I going to backup my porn folder to? Thanks a lot, Wikia.
Vote: Does Ljlego in conjunction with Wikia have the right to delete all our images?
- Against. Admins count as double. -- 04:51, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Against. I cannot believe Ljlego's finally turned on us. He didn't even defend us in IRC, and now he's playing Wikia's messenger.
- I predicted this would happen. Who could forget the time he raped that school bus full of children? -- 04:54, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
- For OK, great, here comes the drama train once again. I know we're incapable of rational discussion, this much I already knew, but come on, this is a new low. If you honestly think that all users should have equal say in what images stay and what images go then you've missed the entire point of this wiki. We're not just an open-source project for lowbrow humor, we're MY open-source project for lowbrow humor. Sure, you guys might think that we're all "equal" and that everyone "deserves a voice," but that's tough shit because I deserve more of a voice than you do. I've paid my dues and now Wikia has appointed me official ambassador to Uncyclopedia (of course, under the tutelage of sannse), so you can all go cry to your moms and dads who adopted you because nobody loves you. Ljlego for 'crat forever. Also my votes count for more. 04:58, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Against. Again with the giant blocks of text... 05:03, 25 May 2011
- Comment - I'm not at all surprised that you're afraid of my giant walls of text. Is it because they're too real for you? I guess you just don't understand, so here's what I said again, but with every letter capitalized.
- OK, Great, Here Comes The Drama Train Once Again. I Know We're Incapable Of Rational Discussion, This Much I Already Knew, But Come On, This Is A New Low. If You Honestly Think That All Users Should Have Equal Say In What Images Stay And What Images Go Then You've Missed The Entire Point Of This Wiki. We're Not Just An Open-Source Project For Lowbrow Humor, We're My Open-Source Project For Lowbrow Humor. Sure, You Guys Might Think That We're All "equal" And That Everyone "deserves A Voice," But That's Tough Shit Because I Deserve More Of A Voice Than You Do. I've Paid My Dues And Now Wikia Has Appointed Me Official Ambassador To Uncyclopedia (Of Course, Under The Tutelage Of Sannse), So You Can All Go Cry To Your Moms And Dads Who Adopted You Because Nobody Loves You. Ljlego For 'crat Forever. Also My Votes Count For More.
- Hopefully now you can understand.
05:11, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, I was objecting to the drama that the things invariably come with. And what do you do? Make another one... it would seem I was justified in my presumption. 05:20, 25 May 2011
How is sannse Wikia staff when she can't even spell? "Minues"? COME ON
Long story short, we shouldn't have any admins.
- Also I heard she wants to blow up the servers--not ljlego making a power grab
- Not ljlego is right! She must be replaced at once! -- 05:30, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
VOTE: Sannse's replacement VOTE NOW
- Despite prior allegations of mass child rape, he would certainly be a better wikia representative than some diesel dyke who can't spell and wanna blow up servers. -- 05:30, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
- She's hawt. 05:42, 25 May 2011
- hawt enough to kill everyone on earth because that's what she wants to--still not ljlego seriously
- Nom and for You know 'im, you don't particularly care for 'im, and he's more qualified than the current Sannse at being Sannse. What more do you want? Him to wear deodorant? That causes cancer, you bastard. MegaPleb • Dexter111344 • Complain here 06:08, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
- For. I mean, there's that whole bot thing, but that can be overcome. Either way, he'd do a much better job than Sannse, and he can spell. -- 04:24, May 26, 2011 (UTC)
Please Step Away From The Rope
It would appear that some of you are speaking from a position of ignorance. Ignorance breeds anger, anger breeds false accusations, false accusations lead to lynchings, and lynchings are simply unacceptable.
The fact is that sannse is from Ye Merry Olde England, where average folks still speak Ye Olde Anglish and are known to mix it with modern English in everyday speech. When I was last there, many of these nuanced ancient terms that have been lost in modern 'Merkin English caught me off guard, as they apparently have many of you. Here's the entry from the 1274 edition of the Ye Olde Anglish dictionary:
- Ayhe luung mohmynt. Ruffily theah thyme eyat taykes toe plook aye gayhme hinn.
- plyuhral; Sohem reyhepetityons uff theah aybohve.
As you can see, this is perfectly acceptable usage in Ye Merry Olde England.
The other statement was clearly cut-and-pasted from an internal Wikia technical bulletin, therefore it is written in Techese (Technical English, or Tech English to the layman). From the Techese International Dictionary wiki, as updated by an anonymous IP last Thursday:
- An infungible amount of time that varies between 2 minutes and 8 days.
- plural; Generally used when combined with a decimal number DICKS CUNT POOP and regularly used in estimates. Multiply this value by 1.5-3.4, then multiply by the range definition of hour to get a real estimate of the time to completion.
As you can see from the correct context and these definitions, her quote makes perfect sense.
- Wikia not conspiring against Uncyclopedia? Don't be silly. GUN SotM UotM PMotM UotY PotM WotM 10:34, 25 May 2011
[18:10] <sannse> image uploads about to go off for a while
- Not meaning to gloat that much, but did anyone notice that this fits with the Techese definition above? 2011.05.26.17:31