Forum:IP dislpayed after edit instead of username
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
I rewrote the article on Jenna Jameson (actually I'm not done, I still want to add a couple images) but when I tried to save it I got a message that it wasn't saved because of "loss of session data". I've gotten this message on Wikipedia also, and on Wikipedia I've always pressed "save" again and the changes have been saved without a problem, so I figured that's what I would do here. The changes did save the second time, but in the history for the page, it displays my IP address for the edit instead of my username. This pisses me off for two reasons: Firstly, the reason I have an account is so my IP address won't be displayed, and secondly because the rewrite won't be in my "contributions" section. Is there any way for an admin to replace the IP address with my username? I'm thinking probably not, but I had to at least ask.
Woops, forgot to do this: ThisIsMyUsername 15:48, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
- Well, I don't think theres a way for admins to replace the contrib, but ya never know. If not, you could create a userpage and link to the contributions of both your username and your IP address, so it would be known that it was you who rewrote it. --THE 15:56, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
- Just add your pictures and put in the new edit summary ("added pictures to go with rewrite by self") if you need it to show prominently in your history. But nobody really looks there, so you'd be better putting a list of major contributions on your userpage or somewhere like that. I see as yet you have no userpage - this would be a start to creating one... --Whhhy?Whut?How? *Back from the dead* 17:26, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
- If you contribute to the page again, I could always delete the IP edit. That way, the IP won't show, and as far as the history and diffs are concerned, it'll look like your username made the edit. • Spang • • 06:12, 19 Jul 2007
- Thanks for the responses.
"If you contribute to the page again, I could always delete the IP edit. That way, the IP won't show, and as far as the history and diffs are concerned, it'll look like your username made the edit."
I've already made a few edits since then. Thanks again. ThisIsMyUsername 23:34, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
- Ok, I deleted the IP edit. All is well. • Spang • • 04:39, 20 Jul 2007