Forum:Help Bring Dawn Back
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Welcome to the *OFFICIAL* "Help Save Dawn" thread.
Okay. Here's the problem. Dawn is a very well-known Pokemon article with many references and a long history on Uncyclopedia. However, it's been huffed (and after I took on the mantle of restoring it to its former glory, CVP'd) and the mantle is too much for me to bear alone, mostly due to the fact that everyone has differing opinions on how the article should ideally be. I think I've really come far, but I just can't think of how to add extra "perfect Uncyclopedia article" sparkle to the article (which, as you've all made perfectly clear, is the only way this article will be saved). Therefore, I'm enlisting help.
Update: The Pokemon version has been moved. In accordance with advice below, I'm making an entirely different Dawn article. And requesting that the Pokemon Dawn be entirely edit-blocked. (Rules updated on 20:06, 8 October 2007 (UTC))
Official Rules for Helping
1. If you want to contribute something along the lines of generic Pokemon crap, do so here. I have created a special version of the page identical to the first version I submitted to Pee Review in order to keep the Uncyclopedia Dawn in-joke/meme (which is roughly "she's the sexiest girl ever") from nuking my page spontaneously.
2. You must have good ideas. Anything that is not a good idea will be nuked.
3. NO ANONYMOUS IP EDITS. I cannot stress this enough. Anonymous edits tend to be bullsh*t, and one of them was the cause for the Dawn CVP. If you want to help, log in first.
4. Do NOT create a major overhaul without a good reason. Even if you have a good reason (and I mean "This page does NOT exist" good) don't do anything without going to the talk page first. (Man, I'm so happy that page isn't a red link anymore...*happy sob*
5. I have the final word. It's on MY user page, after all.
6. There is no category and no userbox for you all. This is out of the goodness of your hearts. (I'd make a category and userbox, but lately my userboxes are getting nuked for no apparent reason, and I don't like boxless categories when we're talking about userpages.)
--User:Banjo2e/SIGGY 04:17, 29 September 2007 (UTC)
--Narf, the Wonder Puppy/I support Global Warming and I'm 100% proud of it! 05:51, 29 September 2007 (UTC)
- Sign me up. --Administrator 03:50, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
Additional Discussion Begins Here
- I already gave it a Pee Review, but sure, I'll help out... After finishing several others. Beans!--Narf, the Wonder Puppy/I support Global Warming and I'm 100% proud of it! 05:51, 29 September 2007 (UTC)
- /me dies. Urk. --Whhhy?Whut?How? *Back from the dead* 10:14, 29 September 2007 (UTC)
- I have to state that the current state of events are, frankly, disturbing. Whenever the topic Bring Dawn back and the topic Vampire template are next to each other or in close proximity I tend to find this quite suspicious, but who to blame ? high school chicks or evil vampire overlords ? --Vosnul 10:58, 29 September 2007 (UTC)
- High school chicks? Dawn is in elementary school! Those tricky ten year olds...
14:25, 29 September 2007 (UTC)
- Actually, she's an adult actress. You know, Uncyclopedia-wise. --User:Banjo2e/SIGGY 17:08, 29 September 2007 (UTC)
- Surely vampires would not want to bring dawn back, what with the hating sunlight thing and all? --Whhhy?Whut?How? *Back from the dead* 20:53, 29 September 2007 (UTC)
- Dawn should die. Also, starcraft units suck against Dune units, and I have complete and utter control over grues. --Lt. High Gen. Grue The Few The Proud, The Marines 03:41, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
- If this is aboutthe Dawn Astroid Orbiter, which dosen't exist, that none of you should know about I will call the CIA. (It was public, but we haven't had the CIA in Uncyclopedia for about 2 seconds. They're 1 second late.) --Lt. High Gen. Grue The Few The Proud, The Marines 03:43, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
- I've said it before, I'll say it again just to be annoying: Concept, concept, concept. It needs one. Badly.
- So tell us, if this is ever taken off of CVP, exactly what format will you follow? What will the plot be? It better not just center around a "super-hot ten-year-old" either. Try incorporating other uses of the word "Dawn" into the article, like the sunrise, or the Hammer of Dawn from Gears of War. The article shouldn't be limited to one thing. Conniving 02:53, 7 October 2007 (UTC)
- *Sigh.* You just had to bump this, didn't you. Well then, I'd say that I'd have written a page named Dawn about sunrise, perhaps with a few subtle references to Pokemon. But, the page would still not be about pokemon, it'd be about sunrise. Now, the only reason I say this is because I never watched the show beyond the first few episodes(the ones about the "first generation" games) and I've only played the 1st generation games. Still, if you know about pokemon and think you can pull off a poke-centric page that is original and humorous, then by all means do. As I said above, read HTBFANJS. It'll make you write funny. 03:11, Oct 7
New Comment Section
In accordance with the advice of a smart guy I have performed a major overhaul. Dawn is now going to be a completely different page. Dawn (Pokemon) is going to stay how it is (and I mean it; I formally request that once it's in the main namespace it gets completely edit-blocked) and so is the entirely-editable Sexy Version. However, the main Dawn article is now going to be new and shiny. However, if the Pokemon Dawn article dies, I'm going to nuke you all with my army of Starcraft units.
Input would be appreciated. Thanks. --User:Banjo2e/SIGGY 20:06, 8 October 2007 (UTC)
- What about Dawn cleaning fluid? Where's the love?
00:31, 9 October 2007 (UTC)
- I thought about it right after I had to save and leave to do important stuff. Don't worry, it won't be neglected. And even if it were, it's still under the Pokemon version of Dawn. Both of them. So it doesn't really matter that muchly. Or maybe it does. I don't know. I'm just ranting for no apparent reason. --User:Banjo2e/SIGGY 12:46, 9 October 2007 (UTC)
- Uh... you're a little late... by a few months... 16:50, 14 October 2007 (UTC)