From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Lately, GIF images don't animate when placed inside a thumbnail or userbox, showing just the first frame instead. This has broken a lot of animations on old pages. However, I still see some boxes with animating pictures in them, and I was wondering what the trick to that is. How do I go about fixing old images in boxes so they animate again?
Specifically, I'm trying to get this re-animated:
- You might want to ask Zombiebaron, he's good at being reanimated.
- Actually relevant comment: None of the other sizes (save for full size, of course) of that image will animate. Do you mind pointing out an image thumbnail that does animate? There might be a server-side bug that's breaking animated thumbnails, and the ones you do see that are animated are just cached. Only a guess though.
- I think you might be right in that only full-size ones will animate. Here's a little box I made for my userpage, and it hasn't been resized:
- There's also the little explody one on QVFD, which still works and has not been resized. We could change the size of those certain GIFs to create a temporary fix, but there are a couple of problems with that: first, I have no idea how to work with GIFs; I always break the animation. Second, that's a lot of extra files and doesn't really fix the issue. I remember reading somewhere in the Dump that in early 2011, GIFs would no longer animate (some Wikia update or something). They were probably talking about the Great Image Huff, but the problem is still here. Hmm... -- Sir "TheSlyPony" Invariably certifiable. Rap sheet. His greatest achievement (and bizarre obsession). 06:37, April 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Also, here's an actual template userbox that animates:
This User is hereby cited for extreme diligence