Forum:Evil Overlord moment
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
I'm here in my capacity as minion of your evil landlords Wikia. How attached are you to the current Google ads? We would like to replace them with some ads for some of our other wikis, in the "Wikia spotlight" format. To see the general look, see a random page on the Central Wikia (try another page if they don't show up, and scroll down a bit too). Personally, I also think it's sad that they will be so low in the sidebar, and would like to see us experiment with the position... but I'm aware that suggestion might just get my head pulled off or something. Let me know what you think. Thanks -- sannse (talk) 16:53, 14 May 2007 (UTC)
- I'd like to see the Google Ads replaced with good quality images of naked chicks. --
- Ahem. I wouldn't worry about them being a long way down - by the time you get to the bottom of a lot of the longer pages (see-also list, people-who've-had-some-relevance-to-this-topic list, people-who-are-irrelevant-to-this-topic list), clicking a link seems like sweet release.
- Also, we don't have to have the ads on the right-hand side, right? Some of us have thinner screens than others. --Whhhy?Whut?How? *Back from the dead* 17:32, 14 May 2007 (UTC)
- I'd prefer the wikia spotlight thing to google ads, as long as it wasn't any more obtrusive than the google text ads currently are. Though I'd probably hate it if the ad box was moved any further up in the order. And none of the annoying flash ones I think I saw somewhere on a wikia once. I may have imagined it though.
- Though to be honest, I'd like it best if wikia focussed on fixing the problems we have before trying to change things that already work :P • Spang • • 07:55, 14 May 2007
They would be on the left, not the right... and the format is non-flash, just logos and text (see the examples on Central). Believe it or not, some Wikia wikis have actually asked for the flash ads, some because they like them more than boring text ones, and some because they are more controllable. Each to their own... -- sannse (talk) 10:06, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
- Consider that some people also think that MySpaces actually look good. :|
- Also, that sounds all right to me! • Spang • • 08:08, 15 May 2007
I've always wondered why decent sensible sites such as this one don't use ads from Adult Friend finder. Thats what we should have --17:48, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
- Click here for executive relief. Certified clean. --
Personally, I just disable the damn ads in my user script... --07:25, 16 May 2007 (UTC)
- ...sounds an awful lot like commie talk to me. Ma, git my gun! Damnit woman, I said git my gun! 08:24, 16 May 2007 (UTC)