From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Just thought you all might like to know there's now a Firefox 2 version of the Coolwebsearch browser hijack thingy, and CWShredder's latest iteration doesn't even touch the sides - picks up nothing in registry or files, but I'm still being redirected to searchportal.information.com if I try to enter via the main page.
If this has been happening to you, you're probably aware that:
- You can still get to the main page by entering elsewhere and clicking on the toolbar link
- It's a mostly harmless but extremely annoying thing
If this sounds like it's been happening to you, the following symptoms may also be observed:
- Your homepage is continually reset to a page you've never been to, even after you change it
- Other pages are unreachable, often if their content is to do with spyware removal (eg, Lavasoft, Pandasoftware)
I'm sure there'll be an easy way of getting rid of this new version of the CWS hijacker soon, but I thought it might be worth giving people here a heads up, since this is one of the sites affected. The variant author's probably had his sub-puerile rants incinerated on sight or something.
- Apparently something I did fixed it, but I don't know what. Or even when. Such is life in a world where Stand By replaces Off. Spyware 0, Uncyclopedia 1 BerogenVFH 18:33, 5 January 2007 (UTC)