So, I've been reading and voting on a lot of VFD & VFH articles recently, and I have been absolutely astounded at the number of articles nommed for VFH that are riddled with spelling, grammar or punctuation errors. I know not everyone places great importance on these things, but I'm the anal type of person who despises such things. In an effort to help, I've created User:Ceridwyn/Proofreading_Service.
If spelling, grammar or punctuation aren't your strong points, feel free to leave a link to your article there and I'll be more than happy to do what I can to clean it up. Seriously, I love this stuff, so the more the merrier! Please abuse this service, I don't have enough to do!
Even if you don't think your article has much wrong with it, it never hurts to get another set of eyes to skim it to give it the final polish before sending it out into the world.
If something along these lines already exists, please (politely) point it out to me, but as of yet I haven't stumbled across it.
I've also considered expanding it to a template which like others, adds the page to a category so that users could slap the template on their page and I could come along and clean it up that way, rather than them having to visit an obscure user page? Thoughts? Suggestions? 11:48, 04 May 2007
- your a godsend! Iam in luv wit yo. Etc. Seriously, that's a great thing to do. Odd, sure. Frightening, definitely. But great. -- 00:35, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
- Awww you're very welcome! Yes I know I'm weird ;P As a wise man once said (well ok, not really, it was Spang) "With trivial power, comes trival responsibility" 12:48, 05 May 2007
- What a good idea. I can see this being well used - just remember to remind people occasionally so they don't forget about it. --Whhhy?Whut?How? *Back from the dead* 08:40, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
- Absolutely I will be pushing it whenever business is slow. I.e right now ^_~ 12:59, 06 May 2007
- Aww thanks Herr ^_^ And Cs, its not so much about patience as just being a really finicky anal person about spelling. :) Tbh, I enjoy it! 12:59, 06 May 2007