From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
I've noticed that this version of MW is coming up with more than a few bugs. Ignoring what has been resolved, I'm now trying to determine what is still "changed" from previous versions. Pup • Talkies • 05:31 06 Aug
Edit conflict display
- Edit conflicts coming up with the "saved" version in both edit boxes, and changes not being displayed on conflict pages.
My understanding was this had been fixed. It appears (as of this edit) that it isn't.
- Still happening? I've heard no reports of this continuing past the early August release. --DaNASCAT (talk) 20:00, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Patrol log: Only auto-patrolled people are able to patrol, but it's being mis-attributed in the log.
As of this edit, still an ongoing issue, although Wikia were supposed to be implementing a fix this week. I may be jumping the gun a little on them.
- Still happening? I don't see anything the log that stands out as incorrect, but I don't know intuitively whom here is a patroller or not so if you can point me to a post-August 7th case of this I will be happy to look further! --DaNASCAT (talk) 20:00, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
Advertisements showing in search results
Again, still appears as of this edit. this may be considered a change rather than a bug.
- Yes, Wikia has introduced ads to search results. They should work the same way ads do on other wikis. I will double check whether or not they should be appearing here. --DaNASCAT (talk) 20:00, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
Sortable tables sorting by ASCII/alpha value rather than numeric
I only discovered this one this morning. The following table kinda shows what I mean. I'm not 100% certain, but I have a feeling that it worked properly with figures and text before.
|header 1||header 2|
|21 units||21||This should be last|
|-1 unit||-1||This should appear first|
|1 unit||1||This should appear second|
|11 units||11||This should be fourth|
|2.5 units||2.5||This should be third|
- Works fine for me on Chrome 21. --DaNASCAT (talk) 20:04, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
- "2.5 units" lists after "11 units", but "2.5" lists before "11" on Safari. I seem to recall that it used to be able to sort "2.5 units" before "11 units" previously. I noticed this when the sort on VFH started to get screwy. Pup • Talkies • 01:28 18 Aug
Content warning stopping any access to wiki on IE7
This is an issue on an older browser, but a browser that still has significant use.
(From what I can see IE is 23% of users, but no indication of breakdown into version number.) Update: According to http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/squids/SquidReportClients.htm, MSIE 7.0 is the 6th most popular browser on Wikimedia, with about 6% of html hits.
- Wikia no longer supports IE7. Please see this page on Help Wiki for a list of all currently supported browsers. --DaNASCAT (talk) 20:00, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah. That suggests that the content warning is going to reduce or potential audience then, and it's frustrating as it initially did work on IE7 prior to MW upgrade. Is there a way we can still resolve this issue? Pup • Talkies • 01:31 18 Aug