Forum:Alas poor Yorrick
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
I have felt that this announcement has been something of an inevitability recently. I have no longer have the time to devote to Uncyclopedia, I'm old, weak and addled. I won't go into details as to why this is, work mostly and my new found love of paint stripper. I still read all the emails, but it has gotten to that regrettable point where the names do not mean anything to me any longer.
I will still be contactable via email if anybody does wish to get in touch with me and maybe one day I will come back again, I still have a soft spot for this place and I cannot truly leave until I reach 200 reviews over on Pee review.
I am promoting Romartus to Bureaucrat in my place, may he serve with distinction, merit and honour, God save the Queen etc. This decision is a disgusting circumnavigation of the democratic voting process, I'm also banning Mordillo forever and replacing my user page with the word "wibble".
Why? Because it's fun, and that's the whole point of this place.
All the best.
--13:37, October 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Although in my short time I never got know you well, I can safely say you were always one of our greatest admins from my knowledge of Uncyclopedia's past. We will miss you. I for one approve of your appointment of Romartus to fill your place, that seems a natural choice. As one of the Uncyclopedian's who has guided us out of the dark ages of the start of this year, I thank you for maintaining this wonderful community I enjoy so much. Thanks.
- As for God Save the Queen all I have to say is that the Chief is gone, long live the Chief! Sir ScottPat (talk) VFH UnS NotM WotM WotY 17:04, October 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Aye, it was the Chief Justice's steady hand and cool temperament that commands respect from all sides that got us through January and February of this year in the face of a large-scale attempt to turn a VFS into a circus, and to support claims abroad that the website was "seemingly abandoned." However, much earlier when I was acting Editor-in-Chief of UnNews, the Chief indicated that other Uncyclopedians ought not be called that exact thing, and I would not address Romartus as Chief. Rather: Imperator. 17:16 9-Oct-13
- Yes, getting "old, weak, and addled" (and surely with Knackered Knees to boot) is something that gets reversed all the time on Star Trek (classic version, anyway) (unless one is wearing a red shirt). And having distracting employment gets reversed a lot more readily. 21:29 9-Oct-13
Everyone is writing like this is an obit of a grand admin. Nah, Chief is just stripping paint, and when he's done inhaling the toxic fumes, and then gives his body time to rid itself of the toxins, he'll be back stronger than ever. This I predict. (Toxic poisoning, that's all. Can't blame his addled brain because it is on a high like inhaling glue, and he is lucky he can recognize his own reflection in his neighbor's mirror). Aleister 10-10
- You are the one of the greatest reviewers I have ever seen! Good bye and wish you all the good in the real world! Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 15:36, October 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Wow. Just wow. I've been trying to think of something to say, but I think it's all already been said. Goodbye Chief, you will be greatly missed. I hope you will drop back in from time to time, hobbies change, and maybe you will get tired of stripping paint and come back to us eventually. Until then, best wishes. -- 20:14, October 10, 2013 (UTC)
YOU WERE THE MAN... girl... otaku... person... entity... <insert name here>... thing.
I loved you man, I mean, before I registered, I always adored the adminseseseseses, but you were by far the coolest, I hardly met you, but I still think you're awesome, so farewell. Also, there's a tvtropes article titled "Alas Poor Yorick." So farewell, and best of luck in your life. --21:37, October 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I hope you understood the Shakespeare reference there Denza! Sir ScottPat (talk) VFH UnS NotM WotM WotY 21:42, October 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Yep! -- 18:47, October 12, 2013 (UTC)
Let me gargle your balls Cheif
You wrote the best pee reviews, the most helarious signpost's and quelled the stinkiest drama on the site without even trying...as though it was effortless. Thanks for helping me become a better writer and making me laugh every week. Bye. --22:31, October 11, 2013 (UTC)
- He's left before, he always came back. He may literally be toxic-poisoned by paint chemicals. And he did all those things you say too (and he says in his farewell that he has more pee reviews to do, so he'll be around. Love ya Chief, and the sails won't be full here without you. Aleister 11-10
- Oh dear god, you have no idea how many times I've spelt chief like cheif. Its freaking annoying I tell ya. Thank Haruhi for IE10 having a shell speckler. -- 18:47, October 12, 2013 (UTC)