Does anyone else see this on recent changes?
- It's w:c:AbuseLogRC, which is imported to MediaWiki:ImportJS but wasn't showing up before for some reason. ❦ Llwy-ar-lawr • talk • contribs • 21:45 8 August 2018
- I don't see it every time I sign in, and I don't get the jump effect myself. Certainly don't understand what it interprets as abuse as the list is always short despite some obvious vandalism that it doesn't see. I do get a jump nowadays involving pages that are linked from a blue link to a section (rather than a whole article). It hops up and down until it settles on the header which does not appear exactly at the top of the screen. Example is clicking the Year 0 in Uncyclopedia:Timeline in Timeline template at the top. I'll take that problem up with Wikia but wonder if it might be related to the jumping gerbil abuse log. Anyone seen anything else equally jumpy? -- (talk) 01:40, August 11, 2018 (UTC)
- EDIT: I read what I could about this (links at right in the box) and it's still clear as mud. Dates back to 2016. I'd like to know why it flags what it does before I trust it fully. The box can be minimized to 3 entries but not to zero (shucks). -- (talk) 03:02, August 11, 2018 (UTC)
- I see it as well in Pseudomonobook. I always collapse it and move on. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 08:33, August 11, 2018 (UTC)
- How do I find Recent Changes? (I didn't see it in any of the easy links, and am too lazy to look further). Tyrophile ALDEN LOVESHADE??? (Also I like cheese) 19:58, August 11, 2018 (UTC)
See my reply to you in your recent post at the Village Dump if you care to hear the underlying causes. You prolly don't have that control because it may be onlyeasily available in the Fake Vector skin that restores the Wikipedia look (don't look at me like that!). Otherwise, search for that page called Special:Recentchanges and bookmark it if useful to you.But that is not the exact page we're talking about which may be admin-only, which is Special:RecentChanges. -- (talk) 22:00, August 11, 2018 (UTC)
- If you don't have Fake Vector, there's a row of buttons on the top right of the page. The rightmost one has three dots. If you mouse over that there's a menu with recent changes on it. ❦ Llwy-ar-lawr • talk • contribs • 20:13 12 August 2018