Forum:"Original Image" Patch Idea
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
- I don't know how wikia or wiki coding works but perhaps someone who is good with this can help me out here. When it comes to VFPing people's images, it's hard to tell if they're original or sporked from elsewhere so...
For the people who can add "hacks" or "patches" to the system, can you tell me if this is a good idea?
A hack or patch that adds a selector to the "upload image" feature. The selector would offer 2 options: • Original image (done/photoshopped by you) • Non Original image (ie, taken from elsewhere on the internet)
(well those are the 2 I can think of right now)
Of course, it seems like a good idea in my head but it's up to you to tell me if it would work --LinkTGF 02:14, 5 April 2006 (UTC)
- Wikipædia has something like this - a dropdown list from which a user may pick a license (PD, GFDL, CC-BY-SA, unfairuse...) for an uploaded image. Not sure what they're using to generate it. --Carlb 02:53, 5 April 2006 (UTC)
- We generally just tack a tag onto the image's page. Also, we generally discourage people from posting things that they don't have a reasonable claim to copyright/fair use on. -- 04:03, 5 April 2006 (UTC)
- I like the idea Carl has... I personally see that most people can't be arsed to tag their own images (mostly cuz I personally don't know what to put - so normally I just upload original images). I think it would help make Uncyclopedia a better place if we could implement a change like that but if everyone is against it, then I understand :( --LinkTGF 19:06, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- I can't take credit for the idea, it's just something that's added after the MediaWiki 1.6 upgrade. WP's already using it. --Carlb 10:35, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
- it doesnt help that if you want to go find a template you have to wait ten years on the template page for it 2 load. --Da, Y?YY?YYY?:-:CUN3 NotM ::: 11:56, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
- One possible solution to that would be to split the template pages further so that the list of copyleft/attribution tags is a separate page (and link to that page from the notice which appears on the upload screen). That way, it would only take five years for them to load. --Carlb 14:46, 8 April 2006 (UTC)