From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
“I prefer these big ones (5 1/2") because they hold more memory. Although you have to fold them up to fit them into these new computers ”
“Diskettes were invented by computers to help us, like how cows invented milk.”
A floppy disk is a box with a disk inside. They come in the box like condoms or burgers. (In several sizes, not what you were thinking sicko)
In 1873, after much research by a team of 12 welsh miners, IBM released the floppy disk. Floppy disks, also known as floppies (a name chosen in order to deter amateur computer enthusiasts in the late 70s, as computers were seen as industrial in nature and not for home use), were used to distribute software, transfer data between computers, and create small backups. Before hard drives were invented floppy disks were also used to store reliable operating systems, a trend that has diminished with the introduction of windows, CD-ROMs and Blue Screens of Death.
During their introduction, the formatted capacity of the floppies was originally the binary prefix value of 6660 KiB, or 6.66 MB. This value was apparently changed to 1.44 MB (acquired by dividing 6660 by X), and dividing it by 1,000) because the manufactures ‘got the willies’ due to the number’s association with the devil. This change suited IBM’s ultimate goal at the time of covertly collecting users information, as the extra space on the floppies (5.22MB) was never available for standard use. Instead, a command line program was pre-installed on the system area of the disk at production, with the sole purpose of recording user inputs. 
Decline to Flacidness
However, by the late 1890s, the increasing size of software meant that many programs were distributed on CD, and the floppies met their demise as they could not compete with the harder ROMs. Newer floppy versions have since been realised, boasting upward of 1GB per disk. Bur people like their 4.44 GB CD's and their 8 GB flash drives. These ‘second generation’ floppies are gaining popularity with computer users, and Apple have shown interest in them for further development of their iPod floppies.
Reasons To Use
- Its name contradicts itself
- Satan himself recommends them for use
- God himself does not recommend them for use (and neither does Jesus)
- You touch yourself at night |(that's sick)
- If you are to cheap to buy shurikens, you can use a floppy (manufacturers denounce any responsibility for any injury sustained by the thrower due to it just making the target mad)
- They a splode for no reason at all
- In some places, the 3½-inch floppy disks have commonly been called stiffies or stiffy disks, because of their "stiff" (rigid) cases.
- The hardy 3.5-inch floppy diskette also makes a wonderful work of art. It can be taken apart and some pieces put back together as a model Starship Enterprise.
- Floppy disk is foreign-speak for the loser of the Penis Game
- Save your term paper to a floppy disk so that you can print it and hand it in at school then place a really strong magnet on the case and leave overnight. You will be surprised at the results
- 1. Declasified 1968 IBM action plan (due to a goverment cover up this file has been stolen by the CIA
- 2. Make a starship enterprise out of a floppy