Why exactly the Fascists stopped strutting around in black shirts publicly assaulting their enemies and started correcting the spelling of your e-mails instead and telling you off for not washing your coffee cup is unknown.
edit Fascists - Old vs. New
edit Old School Fascists
- Would assault political enemies, sometimes forcibly feeding them castor oil to symbolically "purge" the opposition and to humiliate the individual in question.
- Imprisoned and tortured those who disagreed with fascist doctrine.
- Continously invaded Ethiopia, Libya, Albania and Greece. They tried to invade Greece a lot, but eventually had to get a bigger, badder Fascist friend to help.
- Made deals with the Nazis, plotting to conquer the world.
- Co-erced and controlled business's and unions alike.
- Ruthlessly censored all forms of the media.
- Rebuilt whole societies on a foundation of fear and intimidation.
- Adopted a semi-official uniform of black shirts (or brown where black was too expensive).
edit "New School" Fascists
- Yell at you for not flushing the toilet when you're finished.
- Expect two forms of ID, at least one of which bearing a picture.
- Fire you from work for browsing porno and/or Uncyclopedia all day.
- Put you on hold, then have the nerve to say that your call is important.
- Shush you at the movies.
- Hassle you when you take your time ordering at McDonald's.
- Give you a parking ticket.
- Ban you from Uncyclopedia or any other Wiki after you've vandalized 20 articles.
- Don't even listen to your side of the story.
- Are even slightly to your right politically, (Note that those to your political left are always Communists).
- They are members of the Republican Party.
- Adopted a uniform of any damned thing they want except Iron Maiden T-shirts
- Tell you to stop running in the corridors
In recent years, the marauding bands of fascists, communists, Nazis, and Socialists responsible for these and other outrages have largely vanished, and recent statistics show that over 74% of such irritations are now caused by terrorists.
edit Alternative meanings
On Wikipedia, a fascist is somebody who reverts the Article on Fascism. They commonly meet in the fascist discussion board Talk:Facism, where they plan edits to the article using political models with as few dimensions as possible. Anonymous users then serve their purpose by vandalizing the article, a pattern that is not uncommon on Wikipedia.
edit Etymological Roots
From the Latin word "fascis," meaning "a bundle of sticks came the word "fascism," a collectivist ideology. From that same latin word came the word "faggot," a word originally meaning "a bundle of sticks," but now used to refer to a male homosexual. What does that tell you about fascists?