Beginner's Guide/No lip
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
| This page is considered an ignorable policy on Uncyclopedia.|
It has wide acceptance among editors and is considered a standard that everyone should follow, unless they don't want to, in which case they are free to ignore it, in which case nobody will care. Please make use of the standing on one knee position to propose to this policy.
|Basic mechanics of a wiki|
While you may be a brilliant writer, having contributed several cleanly written articles, your contributions do not excuse your conduct. If you have beef with an admin (i.e. the deletion of your tasty new page, or rollback of freshly grated additions), take it up with the admin on his or her talk page, through the chat, or in the Uncyclopedia:Village Dump. Do not use Edit Summaries to editorialize, or create pages solely for the purpose of flaming an admin. Bear the following in mind when grilling an administrator:
- Do not editorialize on how this site should be run, nor how much of a failure an admin is. Personal attacks and irrelevant criticism are not appropriate.
- Don't make it political. We don't want to mince words with you about how much you hate Liberals/Conservatives/Terri Schiavo/Kittens. If the admin you're dealing with happens to hold a certain philosophy, don't go about making a spectacle of it. It's irrelevant.
- Don't beg/whine/offer your family (exception for last in cases of extreme gratitude). If an admin says "No", it means no. This behavior does absolutely nothing to garner sympathy, and serves only to irritate the admin you're addressing. Honest sincerity is your best policy.
- Most importantly, posting is a privilege, not a right.
- Lastly, and truly most importantly: