Today's Party Column
Today's Featured Article -
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 2.3.0 : Warning: No results.
Yesterday's Featured Article - Violet Jessop
Violet Constance Jessop
was a ship stewardess and nurse dubbed "Miss Unsinkable" after surviving three major ship accidents including the sinkings of RMS Titanic and HMHS Britannic. Controversy surrounds her as to whether she was a Jonah, a curse to any ship she was aboard, or someone possessing incredible luck. Survival experts argue to this day over who was the better floater: Jessop, The Unsinkable Molly Brown or your bog-standard duck. Several experts point to Jessop's floaty bits as being key to her survival. Other historians note that the first liner she left, RMS Olympic, became a remarkably adept survivor by shrugging off collisions with 3 major vessels, a torpedo attack and a hentai assault by a kraken. Further, they are of the opinion that her powers, whatever those might have been, would have qualified her to join the Golden Age version of the Justice League of America. (more...)
You can beg our leader to feature your favorite columns.
More of the best democratically-voted columns
Download our military mind implant device
Our glorious history
May 28: International Celebration of Belly Button Lint
- A Long Time Ago - Satan was born without a belly button but with lint.
- 1515 - Marco Polo discovers belly button lint during his travel to China.
- 1516 - Marco Polo returns to Italy with several tons of belly button lint.
- 1590 - Doubts arise about the true origins of Marco Polo's belly button lint.
- 1781 - Hip Hop is forbidden by Pope B.J. IV. The prohibition lasts until 1998; its ending triggers the renaissance of hip hop.
- 1854 - Pasteur discovers a method to identify belly button lint, but he is murdered by Marco Polo heirs who want to keep their monopoly.
- 1855 - Angry Pasteur followers march to Italy seeking for revenge, ravaging the city, raving mad.
- 1919 - The ravaging of Rome rivets to its rear rammings.
- 1953 - Dupont synthesizes belly button lint for the first time; product sales go sky high.
- 1979 - First Sighting of an extremely rare belly button lint & tumbleweed crossbreed is sighted by an old man in a ghost town. He falls asleep shortly after.
- 1984 - Belly button lint damages Space Shuttle controls, leaving the ship marooned in space.
- 1999 - Customer at the Grease Hut discovers a lump of belly button lint in his soup. He leaves extremely satisfied.
- 2004 - Iraq acknowledges having huge amounts of belly button lint hidden in secret silos.
- 2005 - China sues Italy for reparations for belly button lint allegedly plundered by "imperialist capitalist pig dogs" in the Middle Ages. Italian courts deny all knowledge of these so-called "Middle Ages."
- 2005 - Transformers land on Earth, dance to Weird Al Yankovic and introduce the phrase "Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong" to Americans, and leave later that day to make way for Akira.
- 2007 - Canada officially changes name to America Junior to avoid a belly button lint war.
- 2008 - Where's Waldo? is first published mistakenly by Martin Handford.
- 2026 - IB Maths students rebel, take over the world and ban the use of numbers in digit form in order to save the lives of future students.
- 2027 - IB Maths rebels are awarded Nobel Peace Prize for saving the lives of countless IB students.
Complete, fully accessible party archives
Today's hangul word is
Use this word to awe your enemies.