Today's Featured Article - Pocket pussy
If you are a cat lover and always wondered why there were so many "purse puppies" with no kitty version, wonder no longer. Pocket pussies are the smallest and cutest kittens in the world and they come in many different breeds (short and long hair). These kittens are healthy, happy pussies that just happen to be pocket-size.
Many generations of careful breeding has brought us the teacup and toy versions of animals. This sort of thing hasn't really been done in the Feline world because most breeders want medium to large pussies for showing. What the toy breeds have done for dog popularity hopefully the pocket pussy will do for cats.(more...)
Beaux-Arts architecture (pronounced boks-a:ts) is a broad term given to a number of building styles with similar characteristics, primarily the simplification of form and the elimination of ornament, that first arose in the late 1940s. By the 1960s these styles had been consolidated and identified as the "Beaux-Arts" style and became the dominant way of building new high-rise slums and dreary structures for several decades in the twentieth century.
Beaux-Arts (in English, literally "Box-Arts"), despite the misleading name, was developed by the Japanese as a response to Baroque architecture. In the early 20th century, Japan's cities had a mix of traditional wooden structures, as well as some Western neoclassical designs. The Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923, however, engulfed much of Tokyo, damaging or completely annihilating many of the grand edifices that had taken so long to build. (more...)
Idday ouyay owknay...
- ...that no, doing this does not make your incompetence any less obvious? (pictured)
- ...that The Oldest Trick in the Book is the infamous "Tapping on a person's left shoulder when you're standing on their right"? This trick was first chronicled in cuneiform by the Ancient Sumerians, who lived on the windswept steppes of Mesopotamia.
- ...that the Japanese have a saying: "A man cannot read the same Wikipedia page twice"? The pages are constantly being edited, and the act of reading it will make you a different person. Therefore, when a man goes back to re-read it, both the text and the man have been changed.
- ...that Godot isn't coming?
- ...that my dad reproduces asexually, thus making me impervious to yo momma jokes?
- ...that we must nuke the whales, or the hippies will win?
- ...that Witch-Hunting For Fun and Profit has mostly turned into Witch-Hunting For Fun in this modern era of cheaply produced Chinese assembly line witches?