Wednesday August 31 2005
Today's Featured Article -
Yesterday's Featured Article - Violet Jessop
Violet Constance Jessop
was a ship stewardess and nurse dubbed "Miss Unsinkable" after surviving three major ship accidents including the sinkings of RMS Titanic and HMHS Britannic. Controversy surrounds her as to whether she was a Jonah, a curse to any ship she was aboard, or someone possessing incredible luck. Survival experts argue to this day over who was the better floater: Jessop, The Unsinkable Molly Brown or your bog-standard duck. Several experts point to Jessop's floaty bits as being key to her survival. Other historians note that the first liner she left, RMS Olympic, became a remarkably adept survivor by shrugging off collisions with 3 major vessels, a torpedo attack and a hentai assault by a kraken. Further, they are of the opinion that her powers, whatever those might have been, would have qualified her to join the Golden Age version of the Justice League of America. (more...)
You can give ePropz for your fave entries!
comment on this post!! plzthx!!!
domizianogalia & T1m2 ! just totally posted this stuff!:
More more more
Calender, don't forget my B-DAY
May 26: Wear Pants On Your Head Day
- 1907 - Vauxhall Bridge is opened in Beijing.
- 1958 - Yamahachi "Iron Chef Iron Shavings" Tsuharo is born in Cape Town, South Africa.
- 1963 - Unicorns are discovered in Portugal.
- 1963 - Unicorns are extinct in Portugal.
- 1973 - "Let's not celebrate this day" festival is celebrated for the first and last time.
- 1979 - The Afro haircut becomes compulsory in the 48 contiguous states. (Alaska follows suit in 1983.)
- 1980 - Spain Declares war on Pope "Eggs benedict IV" for previous remarks
- 1981 - Boy George is proclaimed Queen of England.
- 1982 - Boy George is deposed in violent uprising of bagpipe makers.
- 1985 - Peter Pan spins in his grave as Michael Jackson's Neverland is built.
- 1999 - The Y2K Bug dies squashed under a rock.
- 2002 - Mars Odyssey ship finds signs of rocks on the planet Mars.
- 2003 - First Masked Avenger found drunk lying in a puddle with dead hooker in lap. Law suits ensue and first official 'Sue a Super' day commences.
- 2004 - The Vienna Boys Choir release a choral version of "Whip It !" that ranks #22 on the Billboard.
- 2011 - Somebody uses the word 'bacon' in a sentence.
Even more kool stuff!!!!!!!!